Porous ceramics based on the ZrO2(Y2O3)–Al2O3 system for filtration membranes
- 32 Downloads
The results of the studies of the process of fabricating ceramic filtration membranes in the system ZrO2(Y2O3)–Al2O3 are presented. The phase compositions of the precursor powders and sintered ceramics have been investigated and their porous structures have been determined. Two stages of the implementation of the technology were demonstrated: fabrication of substrates with an open porosity ranging from 20 to 47% and pore sizes in the 100–300 nm range, as well as the deposition of nanocrystalline aluminum oxide layers on them. It has been established that the pore size distribution in the membrane layer of α-Al2O3 is unimodal (from 30 to 100 nm).
Keywordsfilters zirconium dioxide aluminum oxide porous ceramics membrane layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Savchenko, N.L., Korolev, P.V., Mel’nikov, A.G., et al., Structure, phase composition and mechanical properties of composites based on ZrO2–Y2O3–Al2O3, Perspekt. Mater., 2009, no. 7, pp. 267–273.Google Scholar
- 2.Savchenko, N.L., Korolev, P.V., Sablina, T.Yu., et al., Structure and mechanical properties of sintered composites based on ZrO2–Y2O3–Al2O3, Fundam. Probl. Sovr. Materialoved., 2008, no. 1, pp. 94–99.Google Scholar
- 3.Podzorova, L.I., Il’icheva, A.A., Mikhailina, N.A., et al., Mechanical properties of ceramics based on Al2O3 and t-ZrO2 in changing the matrix, Ogneupory Tekh. Keram., 2007, no. 2, pp. 6–9.Google Scholar
- 6.Komolikov, Yu.I. and Blaginina, L.L., Technology of ceramic micro- and ultrafiltration membranes, Ogneupory Tekh. Keram., 2002, no. 5, pp. 20–28.Google Scholar
- 9.Gusev, A.I. and Rempel’, A.A., Nanokristallicheskie materialy (Nanocrystalline Materials), Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2001.Google Scholar
- 13.Avakumov, E.G., Mekhanicheskie metody aktivatsii khimicheskikh protsessov (Mechanical Methods of Activa-tion of Chemical Processes), Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1986.Google Scholar
- 16.Buyakova, S.P., Properties, structure, phase composition, and patterns of formation of porous nanosystems based on ZrO2, Extended Abstract of Doctoral Dissertation, Tomsk: Inst. Strenth Phys. Mater. Sci., Sib. Branch, Tuss. Acad. Sci., 2008.Google Scholar
- 17.Kul’kov, S.N., Skripnyak, V.A., Skripnyak, E.G., and Buyakova, S.P., Mechanical properties of nanocrystalline bulk polycrystalline ceramic materials based on alumina and zirconia, in Sintez i svoistva nanokristallicheskikh i submikrostrukturnykh materialov (Synthesis and Properties of Nanocrystalline Submicrostructural Materials), Korotaev, A.D., Ed., Tomsk: Tomsk. Gos. Univ., 2007, pp. 232–328.Google Scholar