A study of the liquid and gaseous phases upon the interaction of molten corium with the sacrificial material based on iron oxide and Portland cement
- 35 Downloads
Changes in the intensity of evaporation and the composition of condensing oxides are experimentally studied upon diluting corium by iron(III) oxide and Portland cement. It is found that the formation rate of aerosols over the melt is reduced upon diluting the corium by the studied sacrificial material by almost an order of magnitude up to 0.5 g/(cm2 s). In the reducing atmosphere, the form of the particles of the aerosols is octahedral and in an oxidizing atmosphere it is spherical.
Keywordscorium iron oxide portland cement aerosols
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gusarov, V.V., Khabenskii, V.B., Beshta, S.V., Udalov, Yu.P., Al’myashev, V.I., Krushinov, V.A., Vitol’, S.A., Martynov, V.V., and Lopukh, D.B., Calculated and experimental interaction of molten corium with sacrificial material, in Voprosy bezopasnosti AES s VVER (Safety Issues of Nuclear Power Plants with Water–Water Energetic Reactors), St. Petersburg, 2000, pp. 161–208.Google Scholar
- 2.Gusarov, V.V., Khabenskii, V.B., Beshta, S.V., Udalov, Yu.P., Granovskii, V.S., and Al’myashev, V.I., Development of the concept of sacrificial materials of core melt localization devices in beyond design basis accidents on Nuclear Power Plants with Water–Water Energetic Reactors, Teploenergetika, 2001, no. 9, pp. 22–24.Google Scholar
- 3.Bechta, S.V., Krushinova, E.V., Vitol, S.A., Khabenskya, V.B., Kotova, S.Yu., Sulatskya, A.A., Gusarov, V.V., Almyashev, V.I., Ducros, G., Journeau, C., Bottomley, D., Clement, B., Herranz, L., Guentay, S., Trambauer, K., Auvinen, A., and Bezlepkin, V.V., Influence of corium oxidation on fission product release from molten pool, Nucl. Eng. Des., 2010, vol. 240, pp. 1229–1241.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Herranz, L.E., Ball, J., Auvinen, A., Bottomley, D., Dehbi, A., Housiadas, C., Piluso, P., Layly, V., Parozzi, F., and Reeks, M., Progress in understanding key aerosol issues, in Proc. 3rd Eur. Review Meeting on Severe Accident Research (ERMSAR–2008), Nesseber, Bulgaria, September 23–25, 2008, paper 3.7.Google Scholar
- 5.Petrov, Y., Udalov, Y., Jurek, K., et al., New miscibility gap for ex-vessel corium oxide compositions, in Proc. ICAPP’04, Pittsburgh, PA, June 13–17, 2004, paper 4077.Google Scholar
- 6.Kazenas, E.K. and Tsvetkov, Yu.V., Isparenie oksidov (Evaporation of Oxides), Moscow: Nauka, 1997.Google Scholar