The effect of temperature on the exciton absorption of copper chloride and copper bromide nanocrystals in potassium-aluminum-borate glass
- 95 Downloads
The absorption spectra of nanosized crystals of copper (I) halides distributed in the potassium-aluminum borate glass system were investigated in the region of the exciton absorption band in the temperature range from 20 to 300°C. The temperature dependences of the exciton absorption band of CuHal (Hal = Cl, Br) nanocrystals, which were obtained upon the heating and cooling of the sample, have a form of hysteresis. The melting (140–240°C) and crystallization (35–105°C) temperatures of copper (I) halide nanocrystals contained in the potassium-aluminum borate glass were determined by the optical spectroscopy method.
Keywordsnanocrystals copper (I) chloride melting potassium-aluminum-borate glass
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dotsenko, A.V., Glebov, L.B., and Tsekhomsky, V.A., Physics and chemistry of photochromic glasses, New York: CRC Press, 1998, p. 184.Google Scholar
- 3.Golubkov, V.V. and Tsekhomskii, V.A., Investigation of phase changes in copper halide photochromic glasses, Fiz. Khim. Stekla, 1982, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 416–421.Google Scholar
- 7.Kim, A.A., Nikonorov, N.V., Sidorov, A.I., and Tsekhomsky, V.A., Nonlinear optical response of potassium aluminum borate glasses with nanocrystals of copper halides, NauchnoTekh. Vestn. S.-Peterb. Gos. Univ. Inf. Tekhnol., Mekh. Opt., 2011, no. 3 (73), pp. 26–28.Google Scholar
- 8.Kim, A.A. and Shirshnev, P.S., Nonlinear optical effects in potassium aluminum borate glasses with copper chloride nanoparticles, NauchnoTekh. Vestn. St.-Peterb. Gos. Univ. Inf. Tekhnol., Mekh. Opt., 2010, no. 3 (67), p. 127.Google Scholar
- 10.Ekimov, A., Growth and optical properties of semiconductor nanocrystals in a glass matrix, J. Lumin., 1996, no. 70, pp. 1–20.Google Scholar
- 12.Wojakowska, A., Krzyzak, E., Wojakowski, A., and Wolcyrz, M., Phase equilibria in copper(I) bromide-MBr systems (M = Li, Na, K), J. Nat. Sci., 2007, no. 62a, pp. 507–512.Google Scholar