Temperature sensors based on silicate porous glasses impregnated by organic compounds
- 40 Downloads
The spectral dependences of light transmission of samples of silicate porous glasses impregnated by anaesthesine and tribenzylamine have been studied in a visible range at temperatures below and above the solid-liquid phase transition point of these substances. The principle of the action of the fiber-optic threshold temperature sensor with the functional element from porous glass has been considered. The possibility of the effective use of impregnated porous glasses has been demonstrated for the developments of fully dielectric fiber-optic temperature sensors dedicated to industrial monitoring systems, as well as fire-alarm elements.
Keywordsporous glass fiber optics light scattering phase transition temperature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fraden, J., Handbook of Modern Sensors: Physics, Designs, and Applications, 3rd ed., New York: Springer, 2003. Translated under the title Sovremennye datchiki. Spravochnik, Moscow: Tekhnosfera, 2006.Google Scholar
- 4.Mazurin, O.V., Roskova, G.P., Aver’yanov, V.I., and Antropova, T.V., Dvukhfaznye stekla: Struktura, svoistva, primenenie (Two-Phase Glasses: Structure, Properties, and Applications), Leningrad: Nauka, 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.Antropova, T.V., Physicochemical process in preparation of porous glasses and high-silica materials based on phase-separated alkali borosilicate systems, Extended Abstract of Doctoral Dissertation in Chemistry, St. Petersburg, 2005.Google Scholar
- 6.Roskova, G.P., Tsekhomskaya, T.S., and Venzel’, B.I., Optical transmission of porous glasses with different structures, Fiz. Khim. Stekla, 1988, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 911–914.Google Scholar
- 7.Antropova, T.V., Drozdova, I.A., Yastrebov, S.G., and Evstrapov, A.A., Porous glass: Inhomogeneities and light transmission, Opt. Appl., 2000, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 553–567.Google Scholar
- 8.Evstrapov, A.A., Murav’ev, D.O., Antropova, T.V., and Yastrebov, S.G., Optical properties of two-phase and microporous glasses, Opt. Zh., 2001, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 34–40.Google Scholar
- 10.Esikova, N.A., Optical properties of porous glasses, Nauchno-Tekh. Vestn. Inf. Tekhnol., Mekh. Opt., 2007, no. 37, pp. 109–117.Google Scholar