Functional materials based on manganese dioxide deposited on carbon fiber
- 135 Downloads
The composites manganese oxide/carbon fiber are obtained by chemical and electrochemical deposition. The process of electrodeposition was carried out in the presence of tetraalkylammonium cations of neutral SAA Triton X-100 in a potentiostatic regime by oxidating Mn2+ salts at +1.0 V (with respect to Ag/AgCl). Cathodic deposition was carried out in aqueous electrolytes NH4Cl and KCl and in the presence of polyelectrolyte of chitosan with oxidation of the formed precipitates by oxygen in air. The obtained composites are characterized by scanning electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, and cyclic volt-amperometry techniques. The mechanism of film formation at the surface of the carbon fiber and the electrochemical properties of the composites are discussed.
KeywordsChitosan Carbon Fiber Glass Physic Surface Active Agent Electrochemical Capacitor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Kirillov, S.A., Lesnichaya, T.V., Visloguzova, N.M., Khainakov, S.A., Pendelyuk, O.I., Dzanashvili, D.I., Marsagishvili, T.A., Barsukov, V.Z., Khomenko, V.G., Tkachenko, A.V., and Chernukhin, S.I., On the optimal design of amorphous manganese oxide for application in power sources, in New Carbon Based Materials for Electrochemical Energy Storage Systems: Batteries, Supercapacitors, and Fuel Cells, Barsukov, I.V., Johnson, C.S., Doninger, J.E., and Barsukov, V.Z., Eds., Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Springer-Verlag, 2006, pp. 473–479.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Saenko, E.V., Oxides of manganese (III, IV) with various types of structures such as cation exchangers for selective sorption of lithium, Extended Abstract of Candidate’s Dissertation in Chemistry, Perm, 2007.Google Scholar
- 11.Varentsova, V.I., Varentsov, V.K., and Bataev, I.A., Precipitation of manganese dioxide on the fibrous and nanocarbon materials, in Sovremennye metody v teoreticheskoi i eksperimental’noi elektrokhimii. Tezisy II Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-tekhnicheskoi konferentsii (Abstracts of Papers of the Second International Scientific and Technical Conference “Modern Methods in Theoretical and Experimental Electrochemistry,” Ples, Ivanovo oblast, Russia, June 21–25, 2010), Ivanovo: Informatika, 2010, p. 111.Google Scholar
- 19.Zemskova, L.A., Glushchenko, V.Yu., and Avramenko, V.A., Method for preparation of the inorganic sorbent based on manganese (III, IV) oxides, RF Patent 2218209, Byull. Izobret., no. 34, October 12, 2003.Google Scholar
- 25.Kinoshita, K., Carbon: Electrochemical and Physicochemical Properties, New York: Wiley, 1988.Google Scholar