Regularities of associate formation between water-soluble polymers and colloidal silica at early stages of sol-gel processes
- 53 Downloads
Investigations of regularities in aggregative stability changes for silica hydro-sols in the presence of acrylamide and acrylic acid copolymers are carried out. It is shown that water-soluble acrylic polymers can increase the aggregative stability of colloidal silica even in the presence of an electrolyte. Assumptions are made on the possibility of heterocoagulation of silica nanoparticles on macromolecular coils of acrylamide copolymers at the initial stages of the sol-gel process.
Keywordssilica hydrosol acrylamide and acrylic acid copolymers heterocoagulation aggregative stability nanoparticles
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shabanova, N.A., Medvedkova, N.G., Silos, I.V., and Frolov, Yu.G., Flocculation of Silica Hydrosols with Anionic Polyelectrolytes, Kolloidn. Zh., 1987, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 815–818.Google Scholar
- 2.Shabanova, N.A., Medvedkova, N.G., and Silos, I.V., Reversible Flocculation of Silica Hydrosols with Anionic Polyelectrolytes, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., 1988, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 74–88.Google Scholar
- 3.Shabanova, N.A. and Silos, I.V., Flocculation of Alkaline Hydrosols of Silica with Hydrolyzed Polyacrylamide, Colloid J. USSR, 1991, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 262–267.Google Scholar
- 4.Shabanova, N.A. and Silos, I.V., Flocculation Kinetics of Colloidal Silica by Anionic Polyelectrolytes, in Proceedings of the Fourth Symposium on Mining Chemistry, Kiev, Ukraine, October, 6–9, 1992, Miskolc-Egyetemváros: Research Laboratory for Mining Chemistry of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 1992, pp. 293–303.Google Scholar
- 7.Tager, A.A., Fiziko-khimiya polimerov (Physical Chemistry of Polymers), Moscow: Khimiya, 1978 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.Shabanova, N.A. and Sarkisov, P.D., Osnovy zol’-gel’ tekhnologii nanodispersnogo kremnezema (Principles of the Sol-Gel Technology of Nanodisperse Silica), Moscow: IKTs Akademkniga, 2004 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.Shabanova, N.A., Popov, V.V., and Sarkisov, P.D., Khimiya i tekhnologiya nanodispersnykh oksidov: Ucheb. posobie (Chemistry and Technology of Nanodisperse Oxides: A Textbook), Moscow: IKTs Akademkniga, 2006 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.Sergeeva, M.N., Shabanova, N.A., and Verezhnikov, V.N., Specific Features of the Preparation of Hybrid Nanocomposites Based on Synthetic Latexes and Colloidal Silica, in Uspekhi v khimii i khimicheskoi tekhnologii: Sb. nauch. trudov. Tom. XXI (A Collection of Scientific Works: Advances in Chemistry and Chemical Technology: Volume XXI), Moscow: D.I. Mendeleyev University of Chemical Technology of Russia, 2007, no. 4 (72) pp. 26–30.Google Scholar