Synthesis and properties of the composite ceramics from nanocrystalline Al2O3-30% Y0.1Zr0.9O2 prepared from a water-alcohol solution
- 52 Downloads
The hydrogel of the mixed oxide Al2O3-30% Y0.1Zr0.9O2 was prepared by precipitation of ammonia from a water-alcohol mixture (1 : 5). The Al2O3-30% Y0.1Zr0.9O2 compound thus synthesized was characterized using differential scanning calorimetry, transmission electron microscopy, and the BET adsorption method. The obtained sample consisted of spherical particles with an average size of 16–20 nm and a specific surface area of 167 m2/g. The Al2O3-30% Y0.1Zr0.9O2 powder was pressed at 300 MPa and then calcinated at 1600°C for 2 h in air. The topographic and structural features of the prepared ceramics were determined using atomic force microscopy and X-ray electron probe microanalysis. The porosity, the Vickers microhardness, and the tensile strength were determined by mercury porometry.
Keywordscomposites zirconia-reinforced ceramics cold isostatic pressing porometry microstructure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hillert, M. and Sakuma, T., Phase Diagrams for Zirconia and Zirconia System, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 1998, vols. 35–66, nos. 100–140, pp. 249–277.Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, H.Y., Werner, R., and Mordike, B.L., Sintering of Nanocrystalline ZrO2 Toughened Alumina (ZTA) and Zirconia, J. Eur. Ceram. Soc., 1992, vol. 10, no. 245, p. 53.Google Scholar
- 6.Antsiferov, V.N., Bobrov, G.V., and Druzhinin, L.K., Poroshkovaya metallurgiya i napylennye pokrytiya (Powder Metallurgy and Sprayed Coatings), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1987 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.Semchenko, G.D., Konstruktsionnaya keramika i ogneupory (Constructional Ceramics and Refractories), Kharkov: Shtrikh, 2000 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.Kul’kov, S.N., Skripnyak, V.A., Skripnyak, E.G., and Buyakova, S.P., The Mechanical Properties of Polycrystalline Bulk Nanocrystalline Ceramic Materials Based on Aluminum Oxide and Zirconium Dioxide, Sintezi svoistva nanokristallicheskikh i submikrostrukturnykh materialov (Synthesis and Properties of Nanocrystalline and Submicrostructural Materials), Korotaev, A.D., Ed., Tomsk: Tomsk State University, 2007, pp. 232–328 [in Russian].Google Scholar