Plasma-chemical synthesis of silicon carbonitride films from trimethyl(diethylamino)silane
- 60 Downloads
Silicon carbonitride films of different compositions have been synthesized by plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition with the use of trimethyl(diethylamino)silane as the initial compound. The conditions used for the deposition of the films have been chosen from the thermodynamic modeling. The properties of the films prepared have been investigated using ellipsometry, scanning electron microscopy, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, IR spectroscopy, and synchrotron X-ray powder diffraction. It has been established that the synthesis temperature substantially affects the kinetics of growth and physicochemical properties of silicon carbonitride layers in the range of synthesis conditions under investigation. The films prepared consist of nanoparticles whose size increases with increasing synthesis temperature. The refractive index of the films increases from 1.6 to 2.8 with an increase in the temperature.
Key wordsplasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition thin films silicon carbonitride trimethyl(diethylamino)silane
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Fainer, N.I., Kosinova, M.L., Rumyantsev, Yu.M., Maksimovskii, E.A., Kuznetsov, F.A., Kesler, V.G., Kirienko, V.V., Han Bao-Shan, and Lu Cheng, Synthesis and Physicochemical Properties of Nanocrystalline Silicon Carbonitride Films Deposited by Microwave Plasma from Organoelement Compounds, Fiz. Khim. Stekla, 2005, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 573–580 [Glass Phys. Chem. (Engl. transl.), 2005, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 422–432].Google Scholar
- 4.Smirnova, T.P., Badalyan, A.M., Borisov, V.O., Kaichev, V.V., Bakhturova, L.F., Kichai, V.N., Rakhlin, V.I., and Shainyan, B.A., Plasma Deposition and Properties of Silicon Carbonitride Films, Neorg. Mater., 2005, vol. 41, no. 7, pp. 808–815 [Inorg. Mater. (Engl. transl.), 2005, vol. 41, no. 7, pp. 706–712].CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Rakhlin, V.I., Tsirendorzhieva, I.P., Voronkov, M.G., Nikulina, L.D., Sysoev, S.V., and Kosinova, M.L., Characterization of Some Trimethyl(organylamino)silanes as Precursors for the Preparation of Silicon Carbonitride Films, Fiz. Khim. Stekla, 2010, vol. 36, no. 3 [Glass Phys. Chem., (Engl. transl.), 2010, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 376–381].Google Scholar
- 6.Titov, V.A., Rakhlin, V.I., Titov, A.A., Kuznetsov, F.A., and Voronkov, M.G., Thermodynamic Modeling of the Behavior of Silicon Oxide and Nitride Precursors in the Preparation of Dielectric Layers, Zh. Fiz. Khim., 2006, vol. 80, no. 12, pp. 2144–2147 [Russ. J. Phys. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 2006, vol. 80, no. 12, pp. 1907–1910].Google Scholar
- 7.Kuznetsov, F.A., Titov, V.A., Titov, A.A., and Chernyavskii, L.I., Data Bank of Properties of Microelectronic Materials, in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Advanced Materials, Tsukuba, Japan, September 24–30, 1995, Tsukuba, 1995, pp. 24–30.Google Scholar
- 8.Termodinamicheskie svoistva individual’nykh veshchestv (Thermodynamic Properties of Individual Substances), Glushko, V.P., Gurvich, L.V., Bergman, G.A., Veits, I.V., Medvedev, V.A., Khachkuruzov, G.A., and Yungman, V.S., Eds., Moscow: Nauka, 1988, vol. 3, book 2 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.Chang, Y.K., Hsieh, H.H., Pong, W.F., Tsai, M.-H., Lee, K.H. Dann, T.E., Chien, F.Z., Tseng, P.K., Tsang, K.L., Su, W.K., Chen, L.C., Wei, S.L., Chen, K.H., Bhusari, D.M., and Chen, Y.F., Electronic and Atomic Structure of the Si-C-N Thin Film by X-Ray-Absorption Spectroscopy and Theoretical Calculations, Phys. Rev. B: Condens. Matter, 1998, vol. 58, no. 14, pp. 9018–9024.ADSGoogle Scholar
- 11.JCPDS ICDD 41-360.Google Scholar
- 12.Launer, Ph.J., Infrared Analysis of Organosilicon Compounds: Spectra-Structure Correlations, in Silicon Compounds Register and Review, Anderson, R., Arkles, B., and Larson, G.L., Eds., Bristol, (PA, United States): Petrarch Systems, 1987, p. 100.Google Scholar
- 14.Saidov, G. and Sverdlova, O., Osnovy molekulyarnoi spektroskopii (Principles of Molecular Spectroscopy), St. Petersburg: Professional, 2006 [in Russian].Google Scholar