Kinetics of structuring in the sol-gel systems based on tetraethoxysilane with organic additives: II. Gels
- 29 Downloads
This paper reports on the results of investigations into the rheological properties of gels that are prepared by aging sols based on water-alcohol solutions of tetraethoxysilane (TEOS) modified by a number of metal salts and organic polyhydroxyl compounds, such as glycerol, poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG-300), and hyperbranched aliphatic complex polyol polyethers (HBP-49, HBP-64). It is demonstrated that the strength of the gels formed can be controlled using these additives.
KeywordsGlass Physic Organic Additive Critical Shear Stress Polymer Additive Cobalt Salt
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Movchan, T.G., Ur’ev, N.B., Khamova, T.V., Tarasyuk, E.V., Potapov, A.V., Shilova, O.A., Klimenko, N.S., and Shevchenko, V.V., Kinetics of Structuring in the Sol-Gel Systems Based on Tetraethoxysilane with Organic Additives: I. Sols, Fiz. Khim. Stekla, 2005, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 294–308 [Glass Phys. Chem. (Engl. transl.), 2005, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 219–228].Google Scholar
- 2.Uriev, N.B., Physicochemical Dynamics of Disperse Systems, Usp. Khim., 2004, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 39–62 [Russ. Chem. Rev. (Engl. transl.), 2004, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 37–58].Google Scholar
- 3.Ur’ev, N.B., Vysokokontsentrirovannye dispersnye sistemy (Highly Concentrated Disperse Systems), Moscow: Khimiya, 1980 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.Shabanova, N.A. and Sarkisov, P.D., Osnovy zol’-gel’ tekhnologii nanodispersnogo kremnezema (Principles of the Technology of Sol-Gel Processes for Nanodispersed Silica), Moscow: IKTs “Akademkniga,” 2004 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.Khil’ko, S.L., Titov, E.V., and Fedoseeva, A.A., Influence of Strong Electrolytes and Temperature on the Appearance of Discontinuities in Water-Coal Suspension Flow, Kolloidn. Zh., 2001, vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 845–849 [Colloid J. (Engl. transl.), 2001, vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 774–778].Google Scholar
- 6.Voronkov, M.G., Mileshkevich, V.P., and Yuzhelevskii, Yu.A., Siloksanovaya svyaz’ (The Siloxane Bond), Moscow: Nauka, 1976 [in Russian].Google Scholar