Temperature investigation of the electrical properties of the 0.9SnO2 + 0.1 CuO two-phase composite by impedance spectroscopy
The electrical properties of 0.9SnO2 + 0.1CuO two-phase polycrystalline composite films are investigated by impedance spectroscopy in the temperature range 293–393 K. The main results are presented in the form of frequency dependences of the real part Z′ and the imaginary part Z″ of the total impedance Z for the samples under investigation at different temperatures. The results obtained are used to construct the loci of the impedance Z in the Z′ and Z″ coordinates. The loci can be represented by two weakly overlapping semicircles characterized by two parallel equivalent circuits R 1 C 1 and R 2 C 2 connected in series. The activation energies of individual components contributing to the electrical conductivity of the sample are evaluated from the temperature dependences of the electrical properties determined by impedance spectroscopy for the 0.9SnO2 + 0.1CuO two-phase composite. An equivalent electrical circuit corresponding to the total electrical response of all individual components is proposed for the composite studied.
KeywordsFrequency Dependence Impedance Spectroscopy PbSe Glass Physic Total Impedance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Göpel, W., New Materials and Transducers for Chemical Sensors, Sens. Actuators, Ser. B, 1994, nos. 18–19, pp. 1–21.Google Scholar
- 2.Gas’kov, A.M. and Rumyantseva, M.N., Materials for Solid-State Gas Sensors, Neorg. Mater., 2000, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 369–378 [Inorg. Chem. (Engl. transl.), 2000, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 293–302].Google Scholar
- 3.Tamaki, J., Maekawa, T., Miura, N., and Yamazoe, N., CuO-SnO2 Element for Highly Sensitive and Selective Detection of H2S, Sens. Actuators, Ser. B, 1992, no. 9, pp. 197–203.Google Scholar
- 4.Vasil’ev, R.B., Ryabova, L.I., Rumyantseva, L.I., and Gas’kov, A.M., Inorganic Structures as Materials for Gas Sensors, Usp. Khim., 2004, vol. 73, no. 10, pp. 1019–1038.Google Scholar
- 5.Tomaev, V.V., Application of Pyrolysis to the Preparation of Gas-Sensitive Films Based on Tin Dioxide, in Materialy X Mezhdunarodnogo simpoziuma “Tonkie plenki v elektronike” (Proceedings of the X International Conference “Thin Films in Electronics”), Yaroslavl, 1999, part 1, pp. 75–78.Google Scholar
- 6.Tomaev, V.V., Moshnikov, V.A., Miroshkin, V.P., Gar’kin, L.N., and Zhivago, A.Yu., Impedance Spectroscopy of Metal-Oxide Nanocomposites, Fiz. Khim. Stekla, 2004, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 624–637 [Glass Phys. Chem. (Engl. transl.), 2004, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 461–470].Google Scholar
- 7.Tomaev, V.V., Moshnikov, V.A., Miroshkin, V.P., and Gar’kin, L.N., Investigation into the Gas Sensitivity in Nanostructured Films Based on Tin Dioxide by Impedance Spectroscopy, Fiz. Khim. Stekla, 2005, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 172–180 [Glass Phys. Chem. (Engl. transl.), 2005, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 246–251].Google Scholar
- 8.Tomaev, V.V., Miroshkin, V.P., and Gar’kin, L.N., and Tikhonov, P.A., Dielectric Properties and Phase Transition in the PbSe + PbSeO3 Composite Material, Fiz. Khim. Stekla, 2005, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 1117–1127 [Glass Phys. Chem. (Engl. transl.), 2005, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 812–819].Google Scholar
- 9.Kalinina, M.V., Moshnikov, V.A., Tikhonov, P.A., Tomaev, V.V., and Drozdova, I.A., Electron Microscopic Investigation of the Structure of Gas-Sensitive Nanocomposites Prepared by the Hydropyrolytic Method, Fiz. Khim. Stekla, 2003, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 450–456 [Glass Phys. Chem. (Engl. transl.), 2003, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 322–327].Google Scholar
- 10.Poplavko, Yu.M., Fizika dielektrikov (The Physics of Dielectrics), Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1962.Google Scholar
- 11.Oreshkin, P.T., Fizika poluprovodnikov i dielektrikov (The Physics of Semiconductors and Dielectrics), Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola, 1977.Google Scholar
- 12.Yu, J.H. and Choi, G.M., Electrical and CO Gas Sensing Properties of ZnO-SnO2 Composites, Sens. Actuators, Ser. B, 1998, no. 52, pp. 251–256.Google Scholar