PGE and Au minerals from the low-sulfide ore of the Pana Tundra Pluton, Kola Peninsula
- 66 Downloads
The PGE minerals (PGM) in the low-sulfide ore of the Pana Tundra intrusion have been studied in the Northern and Southern reefs, Eastern Chuarvy and Churozero sites. Forty mineral species and five mineral phases of PGE and Au have been identified. The early magmatic sulfide-telluride-sulfarsenide assemblage and the late redeposited arsenide-telluride assemplage are distinguished on the basis of relationships between minerals and morphology of PGM. Toward the upper part of the intrusion and from the west eastward, the contribution of Pt- and Pd-sulfides to ore regularly decreases along with an increase in the amounts of Pt- and Pd-arsenides depending on the sequence of crystallization of host rocks and degree of their postmagmatic alteration. Microprobe analyses and variation in chemical compositions of PGM pertaining to the braggite-vysotskite, eoncheite-merenskyite, and kotulskite-sobolevskite isomorphic series are given.
KeywordsKola Peninsula Bornite Isomorphic Series Postmagmatic Alteration Southern Reef
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. L. Balabonin, V. V. Subbotin, V. I. Skiba, Yu. L. Voitekhovsky, E. E. Savchenko, and Ya. A. Pakhomovsky, “Mode of Occurrence of Noble Metals and Their Balance in Ore of the Fedorovo-Pana Intrusion,” Obogashchenie Rud, No. 6, 24–30 (1998).Google Scholar
- 2.T. B. Bayanova, Age of Reference Geological Complexes in the Kola Region and Duration of Magmatic Processes (Nauka, St. Petersburg, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.D. A. Gabov, T. V. Rundqvist, and V. V. Subbotin, “Platinum Metal Mineralization in the Western Pana Massif (Kola Peninsula),” Dokl. Akad. Nauk 414(3), 215–218 (2007) [Dokl. Earth Sci. 414 (4), 511–514(2007)].Google Scholar
- 4.V. K. Karzhavin and Z. M. Voloshina, “Simulation of Metamorphism and Fluid Regime in the Mineralized Unit of the Pana Massif in Relation to Its PGE Ore Mineralization,” Geokhimiya 44(5), 522–531 (2006) [Geochem. Intern. 44 (5), 475–485 (2006)].Google Scholar
- 5.R. M. Latypov and S. Yu. Chistyakova, Mechanism of Differentiation of the West Pana Layered Pluton (Kola Sci. Center, Russian Acad. Sci., Apatity, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.E. Makovicky,“Ternary and Quaternary Phase Systems with PGE,” in Geology, Geochemistry, Mineralogy, and Mineral Beneficiation of Platinum-Group Elements (Canad. Inst. Min., Metal., Petrol. 2002), Vol. 54, 131–176.Google Scholar
- 7.F. P. Mitrofanov, N. L. Balabonina, T. B. Bayanova, A. U. Korchagin, R. M. Latypov, A. S. Osokin, V. V. Subbotin, S. M. Karpov, and Yu. N. Neradovsky, “The Kola Platinum Province: New Data,” in Platinum of Russia. Development of Mineral Resources of Platinum-Group Metals in the 21th Century (St. Petersburg, 1999), pp. 43–52 [in Russian].Google Scholar