Domestication of monetary policy
- 40 Downloads
The article touches upon the issue of the independence of monetary policy, the impossible trinity, and the exchange-rate policy. It has been shown that independent monetary policy is possible and estimates of the limits of its independency have been given.
KeywordsExchange Rate Interest Rate Monetary Policy Money Supply RUSSIAN Economic Development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. Taylor, Global Finance—Past and Present (2004). http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/rus/2004/03/pdf/taylor.pdf.Google Scholar
- 2.“The trilemma in history: Tradeoffs among exchange rates, monetary policies, and capital mobility,” NBER Working Paper, No. 10396 (2004). http://www.nber.org/papers/w10396.Google Scholar
- 3.S. O. Glaz’ev, “On inflation targeting,” Vopr. Ekon., No. 9, 1–12 (2015). http://www.glazev.ru/upload/iblock/129/1299749d3f0be1fe108d80969d6e718f.pdf.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Glaz’ev, “Experiments at the cost of sovereignty,” Ekspert, No. 28 (2015). http://expert.ru/expert/2015/28/eksperimentyi-tsenoyu-v-suverenitet/?55311.Google Scholar
- 5.O. K. Shibanov, “Sergei Glazyev and the policy of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation,” TrV-Nauka, No. 190, 6–7 (2015). http://trv-science.ru/2015/10/20/sergey-glazyev-i-politika-cb-rf/.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Aizenman, M. D. Chinn, and H. Ito, Assessing the emerging global financial architecture: Measuring the trilemma’s configurations over time, NBER Work. Paper, No. 14533 (2008). http://www.ssc.wisc.edu/~mchinn/w14533.pdf.Google Scholar
- 7.“Taking a pounding,” Economist, Oct. 3 (2015). http://www.economist.com/node/21669969.Google Scholar
- 8.J. Sapir, Money, Euro and Parallel Currencies (2015). http://russeurope.hypotheses.org/4392.Google Scholar
- 9.On additional measures for the implementation of the Federal Law “On the Federal Budget for 2015 and the planning period of 2016 and 2017,” RF Government Resolution from September 10, 2015, No. 956.Google Scholar
- 10.V. S. Panfilov, Financial and Economic Forecasting (MAKS Press, Moscow, 2009) [in Russian].Google Scholar