Import substitution as a strategy of economic development
- 150 Downloads
The reasons for the slowdown in Russia’s economic growth in 2012–2014 are considered. Different forms of modern import-substitution practices are analyzed.
KeywordsExchange Rate Domestic Market Latin American Country RUSSIAN Economic Development Import Substitution
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Baer, W., Latin American Research Review, 1972, Vol. 7, No.1.Google Scholar
- 2.Franko, P.M., The Puzzle of Latin American Economic Development, USA: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers. 2003.Google Scholar
- 3.Primo Braga, C.A., Import Substitution Industrialization in Latin America: Experience and Lessons for the Future, Seminar in honor of Professor Werner Baer, Held at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2006Google Scholar
- 4.Amsden, A.H., Import Substitution in High-Tech Industries: Prebisch Lives in Asia!, CEPAL Review, 2004, no. 82, pp. 75–89.Google Scholar
- 5.Tianbiao Zhu, Rethinking Import Substituting Industrialization. Development Strategies and Institutions in Taiwan and China, UNU-WIDER, 2006, no.76.Google Scholar
- 6.Kondratyeva, T.S., Amerikanskaya promyshlennost' v 80-ye gody: problema strukturnoi perestroiki (Restructuring of American Industry in the 1980s), Moscow: Gorod, 1987.Google Scholar
- 7.US Congress, Bring Jobs Back to America Act, March, 2013.Google Scholar
- 8.Heymann, E. and Vetter, S., Europe’s Re-industrialisation, EU Monitor, November 2013.Google Scholar
- 9.Ministry of Economy. Trade and Industry (METI), Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW), Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), Summary of the White Paper on Manufacturing Industries, June 2014.Google Scholar
- 10.Aso, T., Japan’s Future Development Strategy and Growth Initiative Towards Doubling the Size of Asia’s Economy, April 9, 2009.Google Scholar
- 12.Frolov, A., Monitoring of Science and Technology Development in Russia and Around the Globe in the First Quarter of 2014, Center for Macroeconomic Analysis and Short-Term Forecasting.Google Scholar
© Pleiades Publishing, Ltd. 2016