Interrelation between the typology of the RF subjects and methods for the evaluation of the national economic level
- 29 Downloads
The paper considers technical approaches to assessing the level of economic development in Russia’s regions. Specific evidence is presented showing that evaluation based on per capita GDP is not unimpeachable. In order to develop more reliable national economic projections, it is proposed to supplement the conventional evaluation procedure with an indicator of GDP per territorial unit. Such an analysis, additionally supported by cross-country data, allows us to identify typological groups of RF subjects and, which is important, to find adequate approaches to the regional development governance.
KeywordsNational Average RUSSIAN Economic Development Gross Regional Product Real Sector Federal Subject
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. S. Chernova, “Methods for the Analysis and Regulation of Proportions of Regional Development,” Ekonomist, No. 7 (2009).Google Scholar
- 2.Russian Statistical Yearbook (Rosstat, Moscow, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.L. S. Chernova, “Some Issues of the Regional Structure of the Russian Federation,” Reg. ekon. 36, 267 (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.Land Resources of the World. http://www.land-in.ru
- 5.Russian Statistical Yearbook (Rosstat, Moscow, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.Russia and World Countries (Rosstat, Moscow, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.National Accounts of Russia in 2002–2009 (2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.Russia in Figures. Statistical Compendium (Rosstat, Moscow, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar