Global currency system: A road to stabilization
The main options of reforming the global currency system are overviewed, the advantages and drawbacks are analyzed, and arguments in favor of a polycurrency system are advanced.
KeywordsCentral Bank RUSSIAN Economic Development European Central Bank Reserve Currency French Franc
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.A. Greenspan, “Gold and Economic Freedom,” in A. Rand, Capitalism: The Unknown Idea, 2nd ed. (New American Library, New York, 1967).Google Scholar
- 2.J. Blas and J. Farchy, “Gold Set for Growing Role as Reserve Asset,” Financial Times, June 23 (2010).Google Scholar
- 3.World Gold Council Website, http://www.gold.org
- 4.Bank of Russia’s Website, http://cbr.ru
- 5.IMF Website, http://www.imf.org/external/data.htm
- 6.Recommendations by the Commission of Experts of the President of the General Assembly on Reforms of the International Monetary and Financial System, UN (New York, 2009), http://www.un.org/ga/president/63/letters/recommendationExperts200309.pdf
- 7.COFER Website, http://www.imf.org/external/np/sta/sofer/eng/index.htm
- 10.R. A. Mundell, “The Sixth Lord Robins Memorial Lecture: Reform of the International Monetary System,” in Monetary Stability and Economic Growth: A Dialogue between Leading Economists, Ed. by R. A. Mundell and P. J. Zak (Edward Elgar, 2002).Google Scholar
© Pleiades Publishing, Ltd. 2011