Specific features of regional budget policy using the example of Novosibirsk oblast
- 19 Downloads
The paper elicits the conditions for developing the financial base of local self-government and examines the breakdown of local budgets in Novosibirsk oblast. The author has analyzed the inhomogeneity characteristics of budget indicators before and after the municipalities were granted financial resources from the oblast budget and assessed cross-territorial differentiation in the fiscal capacity of Novosibirsk oblast municipalities. The paper analyzes the connection between grants, municipality taxes, and nontax revenues and assesses the marginal effect of an increase in taxes going to the local budgets.
KeywordsRUSSIAN Economic Development Gini Index Novosibirsk Oblast Budget Resource Constituent Entity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Bukhval’d, “Problems of the Transition period of Municipal Reform and Ways to Solve Them”, Federalism, No. 3 (2007).Google Scholar
- 2.V. Leksin, “Administrative Reform: Federal, Regional and Local Level. Paper 3. New Stage in Implementation of the Administrative Reform. 3.1. The Second Stage of the Reform (2006–2008) — Continuation and Development of the Transformations of the First Stage (2003–2005)”. Rossiiskii ekonomicheskii zhurnal, No. 4, 2006.Google Scholar
- 3.L. I. Pronina, “Local Self-Government in the Conditions of Midterm Financial Planning”, Finansy, No. 5, 2007.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Shvetsov, “Spatial Parameters of Municipalities: Post-Soviet “Swing” and Economic Ground of Rationalization”, Rossiiskii ekonomicheskii zhurnal, No. 3 (2007).Google Scholar
- 5.M. A. Furshchik and S. V. Markov, “System Diagnostics of Regional Economy: Tasks, Information, Methods” in Theory and Practice of System Research, Vol. 22 (KomKniga, Moscow, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.“On General Principles of Organization of Local Self-Government in the Russian Federation”, Federal Law of October 6, 2003. No. 131-FZ.Google Scholar
- 7.V. E. Grigorov, D. V. Zhigalov, and L. V. Pertsev, “Analysis of the Impact of the Local Self-Government Reform and Reform of Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations on the Financial Position of Municipalities in the Russian Federation”, (Fond “Institut ekonomiki goroda”, Moscow, 2008) [in Russian], http://www.urbaneconomics.ru/projects.php?folder_id=60&mat_id=345 Google Scholar
- 8.A. R. Bedenkov, “Methods of Assessment of Regional, Economic and Social Asymmetry” in Regional Social-Economic Asymmetry and Mechanisms of Its Equalization. Proceedings of Interindustry Seminar (Insan, Moscow, 1998) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.A. Gusev, “Property Differentiation of the Population: Methods of Assessment”, Problemy teorii i praktiki upravleniya, No. 4 (2007).Google Scholar
- 10.“Laws on Local Self-Government and Economic Reality”, Obshchestvo i ekonomika, No. 3-4, 2008.Google Scholar
- 11.O. S. Pchelintsev, “Problems of Social-Economic Substantiation of Regional Politics”, Problemy prognozirovaniya, No. 1, 2002.Google Scholar