Small business and employment of the population
- 31 Downloads
The characteristics of small business and objective reasons underlying its functioning and development in market systems are presented and explained in the case of the United States as the largest economic power. Specific attributes of small enterprises as ones providing employment of the population are examined in detail. A considerable space in the paper is devoted to comparison of statistics on small enterprises and employment between the United States and Russia.
KeywordsSmall Business RUSSIAN Economic Development Small Enterprise Legal Person Corporative Entrepreneurship
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Small Business in the American Economy (Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 2006).Google Scholar
- 2.Statistical Abstract of the United States (2007).Google Scholar
- 3.Current Site of the US Small Business Administration, www.sba.gov/advo/research/rs299tot.rdf.Google Scholar
- 4.“Federal Law no. 209-FZ, of July 24,2007, On the Development of Small and Medium Business in the Russian Federation,” Ross. Gaz., Fed. Vyp., No. 4427 (2007).Google Scholar
- 5.Small Business in Russia: Statistical Abstract (Moscow: Rosstat, 2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.Russia in Figures: a Data Book (Moscow: Goskomstat, 1997) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.R. Barr, Political Economy, Vol. 1 (Moscow: Mezhdunar. otnosh., 1995) [transl. From English].Google Scholar
- 8.T. Malthus, J. Keynes, and Yu. Larin, An Anthology of Classical Economics (Moscow: EKONOV-Klyuch, 1993) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.K. Marx and F. Engels, Works, Vol. 23.Google Scholar
- 10.Economic Report of the President (Washington, D.C., 2007).Google Scholar
- 11.Current Site of Rosstat, http://www.gks.ru/free_dos/2007/b07_11/06-04.htm.
- 12.American Almanac 1996–1997: Statistical Abstract of the United States (Washington, D.C., 1997).Google Scholar
- 13.Labor and Employment in Russia: Statistical Abstract (Moscow: Rosstat, 2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar