One-Pot Oxidative Synthesis of Substituted Quinolines from Alcohols and Arylamines Catalyzed by Fe(CrO2)2 in Water Medium
- 28 Downloads
One-pot tandem synthesis was developed for substituted quinolines (in up to 97% yields) involving a selective catalytic oxidation of primary amines to aldehydes and their condensation with arylamines under the action of a dispersion of Fe(CrO2)2 and water solution of H2O2 at room temperature. The stage of catalytic oxidation of alcohols was accelerated by photoactivation. A presumable mechanism of the photoactivated tandem synthesis of 2-methylquinoline was suggested. Catalyst Fe(CrO2)2 was prepared by photochemical synthesis.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Obora, Y. and Ishii, Y., Synlett., 2011, p.30.Google Scholar
- 11.Eggins, B.R., Chemical Sensors and Biosensors, UK: Wiley, 2002.Google Scholar
- 12.Makhmutov, A.R. and Usmanov, S.M., Bashkir. Khim. Zh., 2017, vol. 24, p.18.Google Scholar
- 13.Makhmutov, A.R. and Usmanov, S.M., Bashkir. Khim. Zh., 2017, vol. 24, p.33.Google Scholar
- 16.Barbusiñski, K., Ecolog. Chem. Eng., 2009, vol. 16, p.347.Google Scholar
- 18.Makhmutov, A.R. and Usmanov, S.M., Bashkir. Khim. Zh., 2017, vol. 24, p.45.Google Scholar
- 24.Weissberger, A., Proskauer, E.S., Riddick, J.A., and Toops, E.E., Jr., Organic Solvents: Physical Properties and Methods of Purification, New York: Wiley, 1955.Google Scholar