New syntheses on the basis of ethyl 2-oxotetrahydrofuran-3-carboxylates
- 67 Downloads
Alkylation of 5-substituted ethyl 5-methyl-2-oxotetrahydrofuran-3-carboxylates with alkyl halides in the presence of sodium ethoxide gave the corresponding 3-alkyl derivatives which were converted into 3,5-substituted 5-methyl-N-(4-nitrophenyl)-2-oxotetrahydrofuran-3-carboxamides and 5-methyltetrahydrofuran-2-ones. Reactions of the latter with hydrazine hydrate led to the formation of 4-hydroxypentanoic acid hydrazides which were treated with isothiocyanates to obtain the corresponding thiosemicarbazides whose intramolecular cyclization in the presence of aqueous alkali gave previously unknown 1,2,4-triazole-3-thiol derivatives.
KeywordsLactone Hydrazine Hydrate Sodium Ethoxide Hydrazinecarbothioamide Butanolides
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sicman, D.V., Kamlet, M.J., Rich, R.D., Heller, H., and Kaplan, L.A., US Patent no. 3 745 076; Chem. Abstr., 1973, vol. 79, no. 94 198 b.Google Scholar
- 2.Brois, S.J. and Gutierres, A., US Patent no. 4 062 786; Chem. Abstr., 1978, vol. 89, no. 27 341 m.Google Scholar
- 3.Arutyunyan, V.S., Kochikyan, T.V., Avetisyan, A.A., and Kinzirskii, A.S., Sbornik statei Respublikanskogo Gematologicheskogo tsentra (Collection of Papers of the Republican Hematological Center), Erevan, 1998, p. 409.Google Scholar
- 5.Arutyunyan, V.S., Kochikyan, T.V., Arutyunyan, E.V., and Avetisyan, A.A., Khim. Zh. Arm., 2002, vol. 55, p. 72.Google Scholar
- 8.Kochikyan, T.V., Samvelyan, M.A., Arutyunyan, V.S., and Avetisyan, A.A., Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 2005, no. 11, p. 1625.Google Scholar
- 15.Arutyunyan, V.S., Kochikyan, T.V., Arutyunyan, E.V., and Avetisyan, A.A., Khim. Zh. Arm., 2000, vol. 53, p. 121.Google Scholar
- 16.Arakelyan, S.V., Akopyan, S.M., Titanyan, S.G., and Dangyan, M.T., Uch. Zap. Erevan. Gos. Univ., 1972, vol. 1, p. 122.Google Scholar