Transformations of diepoxy derivatives of limonene in homogeneous acidic media
Transformations of diepoxy derivatives of limonene under conditions of homogeneous acid catalysis were studied, and their results were compared with those obtained over heterogeneous catalysts. A number of previously unknown compounds were isolated. The most possible transformation pathways were analyzed by computer simulation using molecular-mechanics and quantum-chemical methods.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Catalysis Computer Simulation Acidic Medium Limonene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Erman, W.F., Chemistry of the Monoterpenes: An Encyclopedic Handbook, New York: Marcel Dekker, 1985.Google Scholar
- 2.Popova, L.A., Bardyshev, I.I., Kochagina, D.V., Dubovenko, Zh.V., Gatilov, Yu.V., and Barkhash, V.A., Zh. Org. Khim., 1982, vol. 28, p. 815.Google Scholar
- 3.Royals, E.E. and Leffingwell, J.C., J. Org. Chem., 1966, vol. 31, p. 1937.Google Scholar
- 4.Carman, R.M., Greenfield, K.L., and Robinson, W.T., Aust. J. Chem., 1986, vol. 39, p. 21.Google Scholar
- 6.Volcho, K.P., Tatarova, L.E., Korchagina, D.V., Salakhutdinov, N.F., and Barkhash, V.A., Russ. J. Org. Chem., 2000, vol. 36, p. 32.Google Scholar
- 8.Salomatina, O.V., Yarovaya, O.I., Korchagina, D.V., Polovinka, M.P., and Barkhash, V.A., Mendeleev Commun., 2005, no. 1, p. 59.Google Scholar
- 11.Polovinka, M.P., Korchagina, D.V., Lyutina, L.G., Sal’nikov, G.E., Mamatyuk, V.I., and Barkhash, V.A., Zh. Org. Khim., 1991, vol. 27, p. 2107.Google Scholar