Synthons for biologically active compounds on the basis of naphthalene ozonolysis products
- 85 Downloads
Ozonolysis of naphthalene in aqueous methanol, followed by the reduction of peroxy compounds thus formed with potassium iodide in the presence of acetic acid, gave 3-methoxy-2-benzofuran-1(3H)-one. In the absence of water, the product was methyl o-formylbenzoate. The latter was used as a synthon for the preparation of aromatic analogs of (2E)-2,6-dimethyloct-2-ene-1,8-diol ethers which are effective juvenoids.
KeywordsMethyl Acetic Ether Methanol Potassium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Slama, K., Romanuk, M., and Sorm, F., Insect Hormones and Bioanalogues, Wien: Springer, 1974.Google Scholar
- 2.Phadnis, A.P., Patwadhan, S.A., Powar, P.V., and Sharma, R.N., Indian J. Chem. Sect. B, 1988, vol. 27, p. 600.Google Scholar
- 3.Vig, O.P., Kad, G.L., Kumari, S., and Singh, J., J. Indian Chem. Soc., 1984, vol. 61, p. 344.Google Scholar
- 4.JPN Patent no. 55-38921; Ref. Zh., Khim., 1981, no. 13, 323P.Google Scholar
- 5.Myrray, G.S., Betty, J.C., and Virginia, A.W., Can. J. Chem., 1971, vol. 49, p. 3047.Google Scholar
- 6.Yanovskaya, L.A., Zhdankina, G.M., Kryshtal’, G.V., and Serebryakov, E.P., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1987, p. 2790.Google Scholar