Preparation of Novel Coumarin Cyclic Polymer/Montmorillonite Based Nanocomposites
- 22 Downloads
In present study, the synthesis, characterization, and thermal properties of novel coumarin cyclic polymer poly(3-benzoyl coumarin-7-yl-methacrylate) polymer/montmorillonite based nanocomposites were performed. At the characterizations of nanomaterials FTIR, XRD, DSC and TGA techniques were used. It was determined from XRD measurements that the morphologies of nanocomposites were shifted from exfoliated type to intercalated type when the clay ratio in the coumarin polymer matrix was increased from 1 to 5% level. From DSC analysis, a partial increasing at the glass transition temperatures of nanocomposites was observed related to clay ratios. On the other hand, a positive correlation was observed between the clay ratio and thermal stability of nanomaterials from TGA analysis. Also, the increasing of decomposition temperatures of nanocomposites according to homopolymer was recorded to be 9–17°C.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 13.Achilias, D.S., Panayotidou, E., and Zuburtikudis, I., Thermochim. Acta, 514, no. 1, pp. 58–66.Google Scholar
- 15.Nikhil, B., Shikha, B., Anil, P., and Prakash, N.B., Int. Res. J. Pharmacy (IRJP), 2012, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 24–29.Google Scholar
- 17.Tasior, M., Kim, D., Singha, S., et al., J. Mater. Chem., 2015, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 1421–1446.Google Scholar
- 24.Sharma, P., and Pritmani, S., Indian J. Chem., Sect B, 1999, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 1139–1142.Google Scholar
- 25.Patonay, T., Litkei, G., Bognar, R., et al., Pharmazie, 1984, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 84–91.Google Scholar
- 26.Shaker, R.M., Pharmazie, 1996, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 148–151.Google Scholar
- 35.Kurt, A. and Koca, M., J. Eng. Research, 2016, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 46–65.Google Scholar
- 39.Kurt, A. and Yılmaz, P., Kuwait J. Sci., 2016, 43, no. 2, pp. 172–184.Google Scholar
- 42.Zidelkheir, B., Boudjemaa, S., Abdel, G.M., and Djelloui, B., Iran. Polym. J., 2006, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 645–653.Google Scholar