Preparation of Porous Carbon–Mineral Materials by Chemical Treatment of Sapropel Carbonization Products
- 11 Downloads
The effect of chemical treatment (with nitric acid, sodium hydroxide, or superheated steam) of sapropel carbonization products on the properties of the final carbon–mineral materials was studied. Steam activation exerts the strongest effect on the samples of carbon–mineral materials prepared from organic sapropel, leading to the maximal increase in the surface area and to a change in the textural characteristics. All kinds of treatment lead to a considerable increase in the fraction of micropores (to 26% of the total pore volume) and to a decrease in the fraction of macropores (from 44 to 14% of the total pore volume). The strongest changes in the properties of carbon–mineral materials prepared from mineral sapropel are observed upon acid treatment.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Steklov, N.A. and Il’ina, E.D., Sapropel’ i ego ispol’zovanie v narodnom khozyaistve (Sapropel and Its Use in National Economy), Moscow: Nedra, 1969, pp. 99–136.Google Scholar
- 2.Nasyrova, I.A., Stepanova, E.F., Volodina, T.A., et al., Omsk. Nauchn. Vestn., 2006, vol. 2, no. 37, pp. 160–163.Google Scholar
- 3.Krivonos, O.I. and Plaksin, G.V., Sverkhkrit. Flyuidy: Teor. Prakt., 2010, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 4–14.Google Scholar
- 4.Kuznetsov, B.N., Taraban’ko, V.E., Chernyak, M.Yu., and Beregovtsova, N.G., Khim. Rast. Syr’ya, 2004, no. 1, pp. 35–39.Google Scholar
- 6.Kovalenko, T.A. and Adeeva, L.N., Khim. Inter. Ustoich. Razv., 2010, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 189–195.Google Scholar
- 7.RF Patent 2414961, 2011.Google Scholar
- 8.Plaksin, G.V. and Krivonos, O.I., Ross. Khim. Zh., 2007, no. 4, pp. 140–147.Google Scholar
- 9.Krivonos, O.I., Terekhova, E.N., and Plaksin, G.V., Khim. Inter. Ustoich. Razv., 2015, vol. 23, pp. 355–360.Google Scholar