Pyrolysis of Methane on Resistive MgO/SiC Catalyst
- 1 Downloads
Dynamics of methane pyrolysis on the MgO/SiC catalyst was examined at different temperatures of the resistive catalyst. The conversion of methane on the MgO/SiC catalyst at 1200°C passes through a minimum (29%) by 60th minute, with the selectivity with respect to acetylene steadily increasing during the whole experiment. The scanning microscopy with EDAX analysis demonstrated that the full carbonization of the MgO/ SiC sample at 1200°C also occurs after 60 min of the experiment. It was found that a carbon coating of layered structure is formed on the catalyst surface in the course of the experiment, with C2 hydrocarbons still present among the pyrolysis products. It was shown that carbon deposits formed on the surface of the MgO/SiC catalyst are catalytically active in the process of acetylene formation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ashpina, O., Khim. Zh., 2009, nos. 6–7, p. 26.Google Scholar
- 2.Knizhnikov, A.Yu. and Pusenkova, N.N., Problemy i perspektivy ispol’zovaniya neftyanogo poputnogo gaza v Rossii (Problems and Prospects of Application of Associated Gas in Russia), Moscow: WWF Ross. and Inst. Mezhdunar. Ekon. Mir. Otn. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2009.Google Scholar
- 3.Arutyunov, V.S. and Krylov, O.V., Okislitel’nye prevrashcheniya metana (Oxidative Transformations of Methane), Moscow: Nauka, 1998.Google Scholar
- 6.Lapidus, A.L., Golubeva, I.A., and Zhagfarov, F.G., Gazokhimiya (Chemical Utilization of Natural Gas), Moscow: TsentrLitNefteGaz. 2008.Google Scholar
- 7.Kharlamov, V.V., Alipov, N.E., and Konovalov, N.I., Okislitel’nyi piroliz metana do atsetilena (Oxidative Pyrolysis of Methane to Acetylene), Moscow: 2003.Google Scholar
- 12.Porsin, A. V., Kulikov, A. V., and Amosov, Yu.I., et al., Fuel Proc. Technol., 2014, vol. 42, pp. 249–267.Google Scholar
- 13.Sigaeva, S.S., Tsyrul’nikov, P.G., Temerev, V.L., and Borisov, V.A., Katal. Prom–sti, 2015, no. 2, pp. 6–9.Google Scholar
- 15.Sigaeva, S.S., Temerev, V.L., Kuznetsova, N.V., and Tsyrul’nikov, P.G., Katal. Prom–sti, 2017, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 94–101.Google Scholar
- 16.Vasil’eva, N.A. and Buyanov, R.A., Khim. Interesakh Ustoich. Razvit., 2004, vol. 12, p. 661.Google Scholar
- 17.Vasil’eva, N.A. and Uvarov, N.F., Kinet. Katal., 2011, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 99–105.Google Scholar
- 18.Likholobov, V.A., Soros. Obrazovat. Zh., 1997, no. 5, pp. 35–42.Google Scholar