Potential of thermal analysis as applied to studying the kinetics of thermal degradation of polymers
- 27 Downloads
The kinetics of thermal degradation of low-density polyethylene was studied by TGA and DSC at heating rates from 0.5 to 40 deg min–1. Causes of significant discrepancies in the published effective kinetic constants of the overall reaction of thermal degradation of the polymers, determined using different experimental methods and different data treatment procedures, were analyzed. The possibility of using random break model as an alternative approach to describing polymer thermal degradation curves obtained by thermal analysis methods was demonstrated by the example of polyethylene.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Coelho, A., Costa, L., Marques, M.M., et al., React. Kinet. Mechan. Catal., 2010, vol. 99, pp. 5–15.Google Scholar
- 6.Costa, D.A., Filho, J.G.A.P., Embirucu, M., et al., Proc. 2nd Mercosur Congr. on Chem. Eng. & 4th Mercosur Congr. on Process Systems Eng. Rio de Janeiro (Brasil), 2005. www.enpromer2005.eq.ufrj.br/.Google Scholar
- 15.Koptelov, I.A. and Rogozina, A.A., Tepl. Prots. Tekh., 2015, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 523–528.Google Scholar
- 19.Gaca, P., Drzewiecka, M., Kaleta, W., et al., Pol. J. Environ. Stud., 2008, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 25–31.Google Scholar
- 21.Sojak, L., Kubinec, R., Jurdakova, H., and Bajus, M., Petrol. Coal, 2006, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 1–14.Google Scholar