Synthesis of spherically shaped granulated carbon sorbent
- 30 Downloads
New technological procedure for obtaining spherical carbon sorbents was considered. The method is based on oil granulation in the technology of coal benefication. The coal dust of 2SS brand and coal tar were used to obtain spherical activated carbons with high sorption and strength characteristics. The influence exerted by the introduction of surfactants in the course of molding on the quality parameters of activated carbons was examined. The basic physicochemical and sorption characteristics of the carbons being developed were analyzed and it was shown that spherical carbon adsorbents with micropore volume of up to 0.31 cm3 g–1 and abrasion strength of up to 91% can be obtained.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Klassen, P.V., Grishaev, I.G., and Shominm, I.P., Granulirovanie (Granulation), Moscow Khimiya, 1991.Google Scholar
- 2.RF Patent 2 223 828 (publ. 2004).Google Scholar
- 3.RF Patent 2 277 120 (publ. 2006).Google Scholar
- 4.RF Patent 2 360 943 (publ. 2009).Google Scholar
- 5.RF Patent 2 494 817 (publ. 2013).Google Scholar
- 6.Semakina, O.K., Yakusheva, Y.S., and Shevchenko, A.A., Fundam. Res., 2013, no. 8, pp. 720–725.Google Scholar
- 8.Smirnov, A.D., Sorbtsionnaya ochistka vody (Sorption Purification of Water), Leningrad Khimiya, 1982.Google Scholar
- 9.Berezkin, V.I., Vvedenie v fizicheskuyu adsorbtsiyu i tekhnologiyu uglerodnykh adsorbentov (Introduction to Physical Adsorption and Technology of Carbon Adsorbents), St. Petersburg VIKTORIYa PLYuS, 2013.Google Scholar
- 10.Khodakov, G.S. and Yudkin, O.P., Sedimentatsionnyi analiz vysokodispersnykh sistem (Sedimentation Analysis of Highly Dispersed Systems), Moscow Khimiya, 1981.Google Scholar
- 11.Kienle, H. von and Bader, E., Aktivkohle und ihre industrielle Anwendung, Stuttgart Enke-Verlag, 1980.Google Scholar
- 12.Gregg, S.J. and Sing, K.S.W., Adsorption Surface Area and Porosity, London Academic Press, 1967.Google Scholar