Activity and selectivity of iron–molybdenum catalysts in synthesis of formaldehyde in an industrial installation
- 41 Downloads
The results of operation of F-1 and F-2 iron–molybdenum formaldehyde synthesis catalysts in an industrial installation consisting of two series-connected tubular reactor are analyzed. The physicochemical properties of the catalysts were studied, and the relationship between the characteristics of acid–base sites, on the one hand, and the activity and selectivity, on the other hand, was determined. The formation of hydrogen on the industrial catalysts is improbable.
KeywordsAcid Site Base Site Methanol Oxidation Formaldehyde Yield Molybdenum Oxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nakrokhin, B.G. and Nakrokhin, V.B., Tekhnologiya proizvodstva formalina iz metanola (Technology of Formalin Production from Methanol), Novosibirsk: Sib. Otdel. Ross. Akad. Sel’skokhoz. Nauk, 1995.Google Scholar
- 2.Kolesnikov, I.M., Kataliz i proizvodstvo katalizatorov (Catalysis and Catalyst Production), Moscow: Tekhnika, 2004.Google Scholar
- 6.Rumyantsev, R.N., Il’in, A.A., Zhukov, A.B., and Il’in, A.P., Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., 2012, vol. 55, no. 7, pp. 54–57.Google Scholar
- 7.Babichev, I.V., Rumyantsev, R.N., Il’in, A.A., and Zhukov, A.B., Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., 2014, vol. 57, no. 10, pp. 66–69.Google Scholar
- 10.Ovchinnikova, E.V., Chumachenko, V.A., and Valuiskikh, N.N., Katal. Prom–sti, 2013, no. 4, pp. 51–67.Google Scholar
- 12.Pukhov, I.G., Smirnov, N.N., Il’in, A.P., et al., Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Khim. Khim. Tekhnol., 2012, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 117–122.Google Scholar
- 14.Davidov, A.A. and Shepet’ko, M.L., Teor. Eksp. Khim., 1990, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 117–122.Google Scholar