Compounds based on polycarbosilane and bismaleimide as precursors of ceramic-matrix composites
- 39 Downloads
A ceramic material of the composition Si x C y N z was prepared by pyrolysis of a polymeric precursor based on polycarbosilane and bismaleimide in an inert medium at 1100°С. The thermochemical transformations of the polymeric product into the ceramic material and the properties of the final ceramic were studied. In the temperature interval 100–400°С, the chemical reactions yielding, along with the polycarbosilane/bismaleimide copolymer, also bismaleimide homopolymer occur in the systems. Pyrolysis of the ceramic-forming compounds obtained results in the formation of a ceramic whose yield is 20 wt % higher than the yield of the ceramic residue of polycarbosilane. The two-phase nature of the initial cured systems was assumed to be responsible for the low resistance of the ceramic material obtained to thermal oxidation. According to the data of synchronous thermal analysis, the weight loss the ceramic sample in air at 1200°С is 13 wt %.
KeywordsPyrolysis Thermal Oxidation Ceramic Sample Inert Medium Glass Transition Point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kablov, E.N., Aviats. Mater. Tekhnol., 2015, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 3–33.Google Scholar
- 2.Kablov, E.N., Redk. Zemli, 2014, no. 3, pp. 813.Google Scholar
- 4.Kablov, E.N., Grashchenkov, D.V., Isaeva, N.V., and Solntsev, S.S., Ross. Khim. Zh., 2010, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 20–24.Google Scholar
- 5.Solntsev, St.S., Rozenenkova, V.A., and Mironova, N.A., Aviats. Mater. Tekhnol., 2012, no. S, pp. 359–368.Google Scholar
- 6.Mikhailin, Yu.A., Konstruktsionnye polimernye kompozitsionnye materialy (Structural Polymeric Composite Materials), St. Petersburg: Nauchnye Osnovy i Tekhnlogii, 2008.Google Scholar
- 7.Mikheev, S.V., Stroganov, G.B., and Romashin, A.G., Keramicheskie i kompozitsionnye materialy v aviatsionnoi tekhnike (Ceramic and Composite Materials in Aviation Engineering), Moscow: Al’teks, 2002.Google Scholar
- 12.Kablov, E.N., Grashchenkov, D.V., Isaeva, N.V., et al., Steklo Keram., 2012, no. 4, pp. 7–11.Google Scholar
- 13.Kablov, E.N., Solntsev, S.S., Rozenenkova, V.A., and Mironova, N.A., Steklo Keram., 2012, no. 4, pp. 12–15.Google Scholar
- 15.GOST (State Standard) 29127–91.Google Scholar
- 18.Chandran, M.S., Krishna, M., Salini, K., and Rai, K.S., Int. J. Polym. Sci., 2010, article ID 987357, p. 8.Google Scholar
- 19.Chandran, M.S., Krishna, M., Rai, S., et al., Int. Schol. Res. Network, Polym. Sci., 2012, article ID 309861, p. 8.Google Scholar