Prolongation of curing of epoxy-novolac vinyl ester resin with transition metal acetylacetonates
- 38 Downloads
The effect of transition metal (Fe, Cu, Co, Ni, Cr, Mn) acetylacetonates on curing of epoxy-novolac vinyl ester resin was studied. The resin gel time was determined by the method for monitoring gelation of liquids with increased viscosity, and the influence of the structure and concentration of metal acetylacetonates on the process was examined. Nickel acetylacetonate inhibits the curing, whereas cobalt acetylacetonate ensures relatively fast process completion and can be used as curing accelerator. Iron and chromium acetylacetonates prolong the process. The curing time can be regulated by varying the amount of the additive.
KeywordsAcetylacetonate Vinyl Ester Vinyl Ester Resin Isopropylbenzene Metal Acetylacetonates
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mikhailin, Yu.A., Konstruktsionnye polimernye kompozitsionnye materialy (Structural Polymeric Composite Materials), St. Petersburg: Nauchnye Osnovy i Tekhnologii, 2010.Google Scholar
- 2.Nikolaev, A.F., Kryzhanovskii, V.K., Burlov, V.V., et al., Tekhnologiya polimernykh materialov (Technology of Polymeric Materials), St. Petersburg: Professiya, 2008.Google Scholar
- 3.Korroziestoikaya epoksinovolachnaya vinilefirnaya smola Vipel (Vipel Corrosion-Resistant Epoxy-Novolac Vinyl Ester Resin), http://utsrus.com/1157-vinilehfirnaya-smola/vipel-f085.html.
- 4.Rashitova, G.V., Puzin, Yu.I., and Syrkin, A.M., Bashk. Khim. Zh., 2007, vol. 14, no. 2, p. 23.Google Scholar
- 5.US Patent 3481888, 1969.Google Scholar
- 6.Almosrati, A.S.A., Ivanchenko, P.A., and Solyanikov, V.M., Kinet. Katal., 1993, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 490–494.Google Scholar