Biosensors based on modified screen-printed enzyme electrodes for monitoring of fermentation processes
- 87 Downloads
Biosensor array based on modified screen-printed electrodes containing enzymes (glucose oxidase, alcohol oxidase, lactate oxidase, mixture of glucose oxidase and γ-amylase) immobilized in a membrane of cross-linked bovine serum albumin was developed for the determination of the content of glucose, ethanol, lactic acid, and starch in fermentation media. The analytical and metrological characteristics of the developed biosensor system were determined. Samples of the fermentation mass and of alcoholic and fermented milk products were analyzed. Statistical analysis of the results obtained showed that the results of determining the content of glucose, ethanol, lactic acid, and starch with the developed biosensor system and by reference methods differed insignificantly. The developed biosensor system is considered as a base for fabricating a prototype of an analyzer for use in fermentation biotechnology.
KeywordsFermentation Starch Glucose Oxidase Prussian Blue Alcohol Oxidase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kovalevskii, K.A., Tekhnologiya brodil’nykh proizvodstv (Fermentation Production Technology), Kyiv: INKOS, 2004.Google Scholar
- 4.Salazar, P., Martín, M., O’Neill, R.D., et al., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2012, vol. 7, pp. 5910–5926.Google Scholar
- 6.Kamanin, S.S., Arlyapov, V.A., Rogova, T.V., et al., Biotekhnologiya, 2014, no. 2, pp. 80–87.Google Scholar
- 8.Korneeva, L.Kh., Borisova, A.V., Yashina, E.I., et al., Vestn. Mosk. Univ., Ser. 2: Khim., 2010, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 62–70.Google Scholar
- 12.Arlyapov, V.A., Ponamoreva, O.N., and Alferov, V.E., Biotekhnologiya, 2008, no. 5, pp. 84–91.Google Scholar
- 17.Arlyapov, V.A., Ponamoreva, O.N., Alferov, S.V., et al., Sens. Sist., 2011, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 352–360.Google Scholar
- 18.Karyakin, A.A., Ulasova, E.A., Vagin, M.Yu., et al., Sensor, 2002, no. 1, pp. 16–24.Google Scholar
- 19.Doerffel, K., Statistik in der analytischen Chemie, Leipzig: Inst. für Analytische Chemie, 1966.Google Scholar
- 21.Rahman, M.M., Int. J. Biol. Med. Res., 2010, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 9–14.Google Scholar