Synthesis of N-vinyl-2-pyrrolidone–3-butenoic acid copolymers as drug carriers
- 25 Downloads
New water-soluble copolymers of N-vinylpyrrolidone with 3-butenoic acid were prepared by radical copolymerization initiated with azobis(isobutyronitrile) or γ-radiation. The relative activities of the monomers in copolymerization were determined. The distribution of the units in the copolymer macrochains was calculated. The composition, molecular and hydrodynamic characteristics, and acute toxicity of the copolymers were determined. The copolymers were used as carriers for rifampicin antibiotic.
KeywordsRifampicin Copolymerization Hydrodynamic Radius Carboxy Group Radical Copolymerization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Panarin, E.F., Lavrov, N.A., Solovskii, M.V., and Shal’nova, L.I., Polimery-nositeli biologicheski aktivnykh veshchestv (Polymeric Carriers for Biologically Active Compounds), St. Petersburg: Professiya, 2014.Google Scholar
- 2.Afinogenov, G.E. and Panarin, E.F., Antimikrobnye polimery (Antimicrobial Polymers), St. Petersburg: Gippokrat, 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.Bresler, S.E. and Erusalimskii, B.L., Fizika i khimiya makromolekul (Physics and Chemistry of Macromolecules), Moscow: Nauka, 1965.Google Scholar
- 6.Solovskii, M.V., Gudaitis, A.A., Panarin, E.F., and Nesterov, V.V., Khim. Vys. Energ., 1994, no. 4, pp. 375–377.Google Scholar
- 7.Ivanov, V.S., Radiatsionnaya polimerizatsiya (Radiation-Induced Polymerization), Leningrad: Khimiya, 1967.Google Scholar
- 8.Mashkovskii, M.D., Lekarstvennye sredstva (Drugs), Moscow: Novaya Volna, 2005, 15th Ed.Google Scholar
- 9.Pavlov, G.M., Panarin, E.F., Korneeva, E.V., et al., Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A, 1990, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1190–1196.Google Scholar
- 10.Kratochvil, P., Classical Light Scattering from Polymer Solution, Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1987.Google Scholar
- 11.Tikhonov, A.N., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1963, vol. 151, no. 3, p. 501.Google Scholar
- 12.Andrews, M.J., Garle, M.J., and Clothier, R.H., Alten. Lab. Animals, 1997, vol. 25, pp. 641–653.Google Scholar