Experimental Study of Small-Scale Mineral Particles in the Atmosphere of Central Asia
An experimental study of small-scale mineral particles in the atmosphere over Kyrgyzstan is carried out. It is shown that the substance of the studied particles corresponds to quartz-enriched minerals, feldspars, layered silicates, minerals containing lime carbonate, etc. Overall, there is a definite correspondence between the mineral particle compositions in the atmosphere of Kyrgyzstan and in the other regions of Central Asia. The constructed size-distribution functions of the particles agree with the results of studying the dust aerosol properties in the deserts of Central Asia obtained in the southwestern part of Tajikistan in 1989.
Keywordssmall-scale mineral particles Central Asia adhesion electron microscopy energy-dispersive X-ray analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anastasio, C. and Martin, S.T., Atmospheric nanoparticles, in Nanoparticles and the Environment, Washington: Mineralogical Society of America, 2001, chapter 8, pp. 293–349.Google Scholar
- Andronova, A.V., Belan, B.D., Gillette, D.A., Isakov, A.A., Zhukov, V.M., Zhukovskii, D.A., Kolomiets, S.M., Panchenko, M.V., Sviridenkov, M.A., Smirnov, V.V., and Sokolik, I.N., Microphysical characteristics of dust aerosol based on the results of the Soviet–American experiment (Tadzhikistan, 1989), Fiz. Atmos. Okeana, 1992, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 798–804.Google Scholar
- Isakov, A.A., Nazarov, B.I., Panchenko, M.V., Pirogov, S.M., Romashova, E.V., Sviridenkov, M.A., Sokolik, I.N., Terpugova, S.A., Fedorova, E.K., Chistyakova, E.I. and Shukurov, A.Kh., Optical properties of dust subtractions, Fiz. Atmos. Okeana, 1992, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 805–812.Google Scholar
- Izvekova, Yu. and Popel, S., Adhesion of fine particles in nature, Russia and Germany. Sci. Humboldt Mag., 2014, nos. 7–8, pp. 70–74.Google Scholar
- Kondrat’ev, K.Ya., Moskalenko, N.I., and Pozdnyakov, D.V., Atmosfernyi aerozol’ (Atmospheric Aerosol), Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1983.Google Scholar
- Popel, S.I., Kopnin, S.I., Yu, M.Y., and Ma, J.X., and Huang Feng, The effect of microscopic charged particulates in space weather, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., 2011, vol. 44, 174036.Google Scholar
- Sokolik, I. and Golitsyn, G., Investigation of optical and radiative properties of atmospheric dust aerosols, Atmos. Environ., Part A, 1992, vol. 27A, no. 16, pp. 2509–2517.Google Scholar