Precision Etching of Thin Doped Silicon Layers
- 3 Downloads
The optimum etchant composition for precise removal of a thin high-doped silicon gettering layer is determined. It is found that the best-controlled etching is provided by the following composition: HNO3: HF: CH3COOH = 40: 1: 1. This composition etches the entire gettering layer away while preserving the required thickness of the contact layer, which prevents the space-charge region of the p–n junction from emerging at the back surface of the base of a photosensitive element. Thus, this etchant provides an opportunity to reduce the magnitude of dark currents and raise the percentage yield.
Keywordssilicon gettering layer etchant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. P. Stepanenko, Fundamentals of the Theory of Transistors and Transistor Circuits (Energiya, Moscow, 1977) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.K. V. Ravi, Impurities and Defects in Semiconducting Silicon (Plenum, New York, 1981; Mir, Moscow, 1984).Google Scholar
- 3.Zarubezh. Elektron. Tekh., No. 11, 43 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.A. K. Budtolaev, I. A. Evlent’ev, G. V. Liberova, et al., Prikl. Fiz., No. 6, 62 (2015).Google Scholar
- 5.B. D. Luft, V. A. Perevoshchikov, L. N. Vozmilova, I. A. Sverdlin, and K. G. Marin, Physical and Chemical Methods of Treatment of Semiconductor Surface, Ed. by B. D. Luft (Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Korolev, T. Yu. Krupkina, and M. A. Reveleva, Technology, Designs, and Methods of Modeling of Silicon Integrated Microcircuits, Part 1 (Binom, Moscow, 2015) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.V. P. Zaporozhskii and B. A. Lapshinov, Treatment of Semiconductor Materials (Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. G. Poltavtsev and A. S. Knyazev, Technology of Surface Treatment in Microelectronics (Tekhnika, Kiev, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar