Configuration of the thermal gap in magnetron-injection guns complying with the hydrodynamic flow model
- 17 Downloads
An exact solution of the exterior problem for a planar magnetron is constructed in the case of emission limited by the temperature and the space charge. The configuration of the lateral cathode surface and the electrode with a negative potential, which form a profiled thermal gap, is calculated. In contrast to an arbitrary geometry of the electrode in this region, this configuration does not violate the adopted hydrodynamic flow model. The case of a planar diode with the T-mode emission is also studied.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. N. Danilov and V. A. Syrovoi, Radiotekh. Elektron. (Moscow) 21, 418 (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Syrovoi, Introduction to the Theory of Intense Charged-Particle Beams (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Syrovoi, Theory of Intense Beams of Charged Particles (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 2004). [in Russian]Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Syrovoy, Theory of Intense Beams of Charged Particles (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2011).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Sugata, M. Terada, H. Hamada, and H. Pack, Osaka Inst. Elec. Communic. Engrs 45, 1572 (1962).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Syrovoi, Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 2, 3 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.P. T. Kirstein, G. S. Kiro, and W. E. Waters, Space Charge flow (Mc Graw Hill, New York, 1967; Mir, Moscow, 1970).Google Scholar
- 8.Sh. E. Tsimring, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Radiofiz. 20, 1550 (1977).Google Scholar
- 9.Sh. E. Tsimring, Electron Beams and Microwave Vacuum Electronics (Wiley, New York, 2007).Google Scholar
- 10.V. A. Syrovoi, J. Commun. Technol. Electron. 51, 272 (2006).Google Scholar
- 12.V. N. Manuilov, V. Yu. Zaslavskii, M. Yu. Glyavin, et al., in Problems of Theoretical and Applied Electronic and Ion Optics (Proc. XI All-Russia Seminar, Moscow, 2013) (GNTs RF NPO ORION, Moscow, 2013), p. 55.Google Scholar