Analysis and optimization of an array of miltimode plane waveguides excited by TM waves in order to form sectorial partial directional patterns
- 27 Downloads
An electrodynamic analysis of an infinite periodic array of radiating planar multimode waveguide sections of finite length, each of which is excited by TM waves through a pair of input planar waveguides, is carried out. A numerical algorithm based on the method of projective field matching at the boundaries of partial domains, making it possible to calculate the partial directional pattern of the array and the amplitudes of the reflected waves in the input waveguides, is developed. Three circuits for the excitation of the array are considered, and the optimization of the length of the radiating sections and the parameters of the excitation circuits in order to form sectorial partial directional patterns of the array is performed. Results characterizing the comparative efficiency of the considered circuits for different periods of array are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. J. Mailloux Phased Array Antenna Handbook (Artech House, Norwood (MA), 1994).Google Scholar
- 2.S. P. Skobelev, Phased Arrays with Sectorial Partial Directional Patterns (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.S. E. Bankov, J. Commun. Technol. Electron. 54, 1157 (2009).Google Scholar
- 7.P. Angeletti, G. Toso, and D. Petrolati, US Patent Appl. Publ. No. US 2015/0341098 A1. (Nov. 26, 2015).Google Scholar
- 10.S. P. Skobelev, Radiotekhnika, No. 7, 62 (1987).Google Scholar
- 11.A. S. Vyazigin and S. P. Skobelev, Radiotekh. Elektron. 38, 1554 (1993).Google Scholar
- 13.I. A. Makeev and S. P. Skobelev, Radiotekhnika, No. 4, 49 (2016).Google Scholar
- 14.S. P. Skobelev, Telecommun. Radio Eng. 45, 116 (1990).Google Scholar