Analysis of an Electromagnetic Wave with Circular Electron Beam Interaction in a Slow-Wave System of “Ribbed-Metal-Rod” Type
The interaction of an electromagnetic wave and external annular electron beam in a slow-wave system (SWS) of ribbed-metal-rod type was analyzed and expressions for the equivalent parameters of inductance and capacitance of the structure were found. A dispersion equation describing the excitation of axisymmetric electric waves in the SWS was derived in the impedance approximation. The dispersion characteristics and coupling coefficient have been modeled depending on the geometry of the rod and dielectric permittivity of the material filling the grooves in the SWS structure.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Shlapakovski, W. Jiang, and I. Vintizenko, in Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Vacuum Electronics Conference IVEC-2006, Monterey, 2006, p.163.Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Yelizarov and Yu. N. Pchelnikov, Radiowave Elements of Technological Instruments and Devices Using Electrodynamic Slow-Wave Systems (Radio Svyaz’, Moscow, 2002) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Yelizarov and Yu. N. Pchelnikov, Elektron. Tekh., Ser. 1: SVCh-Tekh., Nos. 9–10 (453–454), 35 (1992).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Yelizarov and Yu. N. Pchelnikov, J. Commun. Technol. Electron. 41, 237 (1996).Google Scholar
- 6.L. N. Loshakov and Yu. N. Pchelnikov, Theory and Calculation of the Travelling Wave Tube Gain (Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow, 1964) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Yelizarov and R. V. Shaymardanov, T-Comm: Telekommun. Transport 6 (10), 54 (2012).Google Scholar
- 9.A. A. Yelizarov, Y. N. Pchelnikov, and R. V. Shaymardanov, in Proceedings of the 15th IEEE International Vacuum Electronics Conference IVEC-2014, Monterey, 2014, p.297.Google Scholar
- 10.A. A. Yelizarov, Y. N. Pchelnikov, V. N. Karavashkina, and R. V. Shaymardanov, in Proceedings of the 16th IEEE International Vacuum Electronics Conference IVEC-2015, Beijing, 2015, p. 142.Google Scholar