The Effect of Krypton Consumption through the Accelerator Channel on Thrust Efficiency of a Morozov’s Stationary Plasma Thruster
Morozov’s stationary plasma thrusters (SPTs) operating on xenon have been successfully used in space technology for many years. At the same time, due to the high cost of xenon, now there is an increased interest in alternative working substances. One of them is krypton. Therefore, research has been conducted earlier on the features of operation and characteristics of SPTs using krypton, which have showed that they are traditional for SPTs. Here, we consider the results of studying the effect of krypton consumption on the thrust efficiency of SPTs. The importance of these results is determined by the fact that they determine the appropriate ranges of SPT regimes when working on krypton.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. Kim, V. Kozlov, G. Popov, et al., in Proceedings of the 27th International Electric Propulsion Conference IEPC, Pasadena, 2001, Paper IEPC-01-065.Google Scholar
- 3.V. Kim, V. Kozlov, A. Skrylnikov, et al., in Proceedings of the 38th JPC, Indianapolis, IN, July 7–10, 2002, Paper AIAA 2002-4108.Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Morozov and I. V. Melikov, Sov. Tech. Phys. 19, 340 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.C. Dussi, T. Andreussi, A. Arkhipov, A. Passaro, M. Andrenucci, A. Bulit, and C. Edwards, in Proceedings of the 30th International Symposium on Space Technology and Science, 34th International Electric Propulsion Conference, and 6th Nano-Satellite Symposium, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan, 2015, Paper IEPC-2015-126/ISTS-2015-b-126.Google Scholar
- 6.V. S. Zhasan, V. P. Kim, D. V. Merkur’ev, V. M. Murashko, A. N. Nesterenko, G. A. Popov, M. Yu. Potapenko, P. G. Smirnov, and E. A. Shilov, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Energet., No. 2, 66 (2016).Google Scholar