Destabilization of High-Speed Jet Penetration into Brittle Materials
- 13 Downloads
The results of penetration of a high-speed metal jet (with a velocity of 3–7 km/s) into brittle materials (ceramics and glass) have been analyzed. The data on jet destabilization as a result of the response of the brittle material to the high-speed penetration are presented. The generalized dependence of the high-speed jet absorption efficiency on the bending strength of the brittle material has been constructed in the hydrodynamic approximation.
The authors thank S.A. Dushenok, A.I. Mikhailin, M.P. Kuzhel, and A.I. Ovsienko for their help in material provision for experiments.
- 2.V. A. Grigoryan, A. N. Beloborod’ko, N. S. Dorokhov, et al., in Specific Issues of Terminal Ballistics, Ed. by V. A. Grigoryan (Mosk. Gos. Tekh. Univ., Moscow, 2006), p. 592.Google Scholar
- 6.G. E. Hauver, P. H. Netherwood, R. F. Bensk, and A. Melani, Report No. BRL-TR-3273 (Ballistic Research Lab., Maryland, 1991).Google Scholar
- 8.B. Moran, L. A. Glenn, and A. Kusubov, J. Phys. III 1, 147 (1991).Google Scholar
- 9.Y.-L. Xie, H.-W. Liu, and Y. Zhang, Proc. Int. Conf. on Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, Bangkok, Thailand, 2016, p. 173.Google Scholar
- 10.V. B. Lazarev, A. S. Balankin, A. D. Izotov, and A. A. Kozhushko, Structural Stability and Dynamic Strength of Inorganic Materials (Nauka, Moscow, 1993).Google Scholar
- 11.Ch. E. Ahderson, V. Hohler, J. D. Walker, and A. J. Stilp, Proc. 14th Int. Symp. on Ballistics, Quebec, Canada, 1993, p. 145.Google Scholar
- 12.A. A. Kozhushko, A. L. Kozachuk, B. V. Rumyantsev, A. B. Sinani, and A. S. Vlasov, Proc. 20th Int. Symp. on Ballistics, Orlando, United States, 2002, p. 988.Google Scholar
- 14.B. V. Rumyantsev, Proc. Int. Conf. “XI Khariton Topical Scientific Readings,” Sarov, Russia, 2009, p. 505.Google Scholar
- 15.C. G. Andreev, A. V. Babkin, F. A. Baum, et al., in Explosion Phhysics, Ed. by L. P. Orlenko (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2002), Vol. 2, p. 238.Google Scholar
- 19.Tables of Physical Quantities, Ed. by I. K. Kikoin (Atomizdat, Moscow, 1976), p. 1006.Google Scholar
- 20.U. Hornemann, Proc. 11th Int. Symp. on Ballistics, Brussels, Belgium, 1989, Vol. 2, p. 381.Google Scholar