X-Ray Diagnostics of Microstructure Defects of Silicon Crystals Irradiated by Hydrogen Ions
Features of formation and transformation of radiation defects in near-surface layers of silicon plates that are implanted with hydrogen ions are studied. Using the method of high-resolution double-crystal X-ray diffractometry, values of the main parameters, such as mean effective thickness Leff and mean relative deformation Δa/a of a doped layer, are determined depending on the implantation dose and substrate temperature.
We are grateful to N.V. Kuznetsov, Senior Researcher of Skobeltsyn Institute of Nuclear Physics, Moscow State University, for irradiation of samples on a KG-500 accelerator.
This study was supported by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation within the State assignment of the Federal Scientific Research Center Crystallography and Photonics, Russian Academy of Sciences.
- 1.V. V. Kozlovskii, Modification of Semiconductors by Proton Beams (Nauka, St. Petersburg, 2003).Google Scholar
- 2.M. G. Mil’vidskii and V. B. Osvenskii, Structural Defects in Single Crystals of Semiconductors (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1984).Google Scholar
- 3.I. G. D’yachkova, Candidate’s Dissertation in Mathematics and Physics (Moscow Inst. of Electronics and Mathematics, Moscow, 2004).Google Scholar
- 4.A. M. Afanas’ev, P. A. Aleksandrov, and R. M. Imamov, X-ray Diffraction Diagnostics of Submicron Layers (Nauka, Moscow, 1989).Google Scholar
- 5.V. S. Vavilov, V. F. Kiselev, and B. N. Mukashev, Bulk and Surface Defects in Silicon (Nauka, Moscow, 1990).Google Scholar
- 7.P. A. Aleksandrov, E. K. Baranova, I. V. Baranova, V. V. Budaragin, and V. L. Litvinov, Proc. XII Int. Conf. “Radiation Physics of the Solid State,” Sevastopol, Ukraine, 2002, Ed. by G. G. Bondarenko (Nauchno-Issled. Inst. Perpsekt. Mater. Tekhnol., Moscow, 2002), p. 149.Google Scholar
- 9.S. Zh. Tokmoldin and B. N. Mukashev, Physica B 308–310, 167 (2001).Google Scholar