Mobility of the Two-Dimensional Electron Gas in DA-pHEMT Heterostructures with Various δ–n-Layer Profile Widths
- 1 Downloads
The effect of the silicon-atom distribution profile in donor δ-layers of AlGaAs/InGaAs/AlGaAs heterostructures with donor–acceptor doping on the mobility of the two-dimensional electron gas is studied. The parameters of the δ-layer profiles are determined using the normal approximation of the spatial distributions of silicon atoms, measured by secondary-ion mass spectroscopy. It is shown that the standard deviation σ of the δ-layer profile can be reduced from 3.4 to 2.5 nm by the proper selection of growth conditions. Measurements of the magnetic-field dependences of the Hall effect and conductivity show that such a decrease in σ allowed an increase in the mobility of the two-dimensional electron gas in heterostructures by 4000 cm2/(V s) at 77 K and 600 cm2/(V s) at 300 K. The mobility calculation taking into account filling of the first two size-quantization subbands shows that an increase in the mobility is well explained by a reduction in the Coulomb scattering at ionized donors due to an increase in the effective thickness of the spacer layer with decreasing σ of the δ-layer profile.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 11.C. H. Lin, H. Z. Liu, C. K. Chu, H. K. Huang, Y. H. Wang, C. C. Liu, C. H. Chang, C. L. Wu, and C. S. Chang, in Proceedings of the Compound Semiconductor Integrated Circuit Symposium, San-Antonio, TX, Nov. 12–15, 2006, p.165.Google Scholar
- 12.H. Amasuga, Seiki Goto, T. Shiga, and M. Totsuka, in Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, Long Beach, CA, June 11–17, 2005, p.831.Google Scholar
- 13.D. C. Dumka, Ming-Yih Kao, Edward Beam, Tso-Min Chou, Hua-Quen Tserng, and D. M. Fanning, in Proceedings of the Compound Semiconductor Integrated Circuit Symposium, Monterey, CA, Oct. 3–6, 2010, p.188.Google Scholar
- 21.T. E. Shoup, A Practical Guide to Computer Methods for Engineers (Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 1979; Mir, Moscow, 1982).Google Scholar
- 23.Software for Semiconductor Nanodevices, www.nextnano. de. Accessed April 25, 2017.Google Scholar
- 25.E. V. Kuchis, Galvanomagnetic Effects and Methods of their Study (Radio Svyaz’, Moscow, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 27.P. S. Kireev, Semiconductor Physics (Vyssh. Shkola, Moscow, 1975) [in Russian].Google Scholar