On Mobility of Definite Energy Charge Carriers
The quasi-mobility function of charge carriers with a specified energy for describing their dynamics using the kinetic equation is studied in the important case of two-term isotropic approximation. In the stationary case, the quasi-mobility function is independent of the source function of charge carriers and makes it possible to calculate the integral mobility. The correlation between the quasi-mobility and parameters of the system is analyzed. It is proved that this characteristic does not generally describe the contribution of charge carriers with a specified energy to the integral mobility. In the case of almost elastic scattering, the quasi-mobility, as is known, can have a clear physical meaning; however, in the case of the scattering of charge carriers at acoustic phonons in a solid, this quasi-mobility interpretation is found to be incorrect due to the specific features of the collision integral and the form of the quasi-mobility function.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Handbook of Industrial Diamonds and Diamond Films, Ed. by M. A. Prelas, G. Popovici, and L. K. Bigelow (Marcel Decker, New York, 1998).Google Scholar
- 2.Physics and Applications of CVD Diamond, Ed. by S. Koizumi, C. E. Nebel, and M. Nesladek (Wiley-VCH, Weinheim 2008).Google Scholar
- 4.R. S. Sussmann, CVD Diamond for Electronic Devices and Sensors, Wiley Series in Materials for Electronic and Optoelectronic Applications (Wiley, New York, 2009).Google Scholar
- 6.T. N. Mamedov, A. G. Dutov, D. Gerlakh, V. N. Gorelkin, K. I. Gritsai, V. A. Zhukov, A. V. Stoikov, V. B. Shipilo, and U. Tsimmermann, Preprint JINR P14-2004-104 (JINR, Dubna, 2004).Google Scholar
- 11.A. S. Aleksandrov, A. N. Kulyamzin, A. P. Menushenkov, E. A. Protasov, and P. A. Cheremnykh, Sov. Phys. Solid State 19, 889 (1977).Google Scholar
- 13.L. Huxley and R. Crompton, The Diffusion and Drift of Electrons in Gases (Wiley, New York, 1974; Mir, Moscow, 1977), rus. pp. 86,198.Google Scholar
- 17.I. A. Varfolomeev, V. N. Gorelkin, and V. R. Solov’ev, Tr. MFTI 5, 139 (2013).Google Scholar
- 18.Yu. M. Belousov, I. V. Chernousov, V. R. Soloviev, and I. A. Varfolomeev, in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Photonics, Optics and Laser Technology, January 7–9, Lisbon, Portugal, 2014, p.122.Google Scholar