Transport processes in plasma with an admixture of several heavy impurities
A two-temperature magnetohydrodynamic model of an ideal, fully ionized magnetized plasma consisting of electrons and several types of ions is developed for the case in which the mass of ions of the first type is much lower than that of jth-type ions, where j = 2,3,…, m 1 ≪ m j, while the densities of heavy ions are so low that collisions between them can be neglected. The ion component is assigned a common velocity, common temperature, and common density, while its composition can vary in time and space.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S. I. Braginskii, in Reviews of Plasma Physics, Ed. by M. A. Leontovich (Consultants Bureau, New York, 1965), Vol. 1, p. 205.Google Scholar
- 3.G. E. Vekshtein, in Reviews of Plasma Physics, Ed. by B. B. Kadomtsev (Consultants Bureau, New York, 1990), Vol. 15, p. 1.Google Scholar
- 11.G. S. Bisnovatyi-Kogan, Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz. 3, 43 (1964).Google Scholar
- 12.V. M. Zhdanov, Transport Phenomena in Multicomponent Plasmas (Energoatomizdat, Moscow, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.I. M. Poznyak, N. I. Arkhipov, S. V. Karelov, V. M. Safronov, and D. A. Toporkov, Vopr. At. Nauki Tekh., Ser. Termoyad. Sintez 37, 70 (2014).Google Scholar
- 14.I. S. Landman, Tokamak Code TOKES: Models and Implementation (Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, 2009).Google Scholar
- 16.E. M. Lifshitz and L. P. Pitaevskii, Physical Kinetics (Nauka, Moscow, 1979; Pergamon, Oxford, 1981).Google Scholar