Anomalous Internal Conversion as a Clue to Solving the 209Bi Puzzle
A numerical analysis of the specific-difference (SD) method for eliminating the Bohr–Weisskopf effect in the theory of hyperfine splitting is performed within a more general theory of anomalous nuclear moments. The limiting accuracy of the SD method is demonstrated. In analyzing experimental data on the hyperfine splitting in H- and Li-like ions of 209Bi, it is found that the disagreement between theoretical and experimental results that was reported recently was due to going beyond this theoretical accuracy. Prospects of further experimental and theoretical studies in these realms are discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. A. Zon and F. F. Karpeshin, Sov. Phys. JETP 70, 224 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.F. F. Karpeshin, Prompt Fission in Muon Atoms and Resonance Conversion (Nauka, St. Petersburg, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.F. F. Karpeshin and M. B. Trzhaskovskaya, in Proceedings of the 1st African Symposium on Exotic Nuclei, Cape Town, South Africa, Dec. 2–6, 2013, Ed. by E. Cherepanov et al. (World Scientific, New Jersey, London, Singapore, 2014), p.201.Google Scholar
- 18.M. Lochmann, R. Jöhren, Ch. Geppert, Z. Andelkovic, D. Anielski, B. Botermann, M. Bussmann, A. Dax, N. Frömmgen, M. Hammen, V. Hannen, T. Kühl, Y. A. Litvinov, R. López-Coto, T. Stöhlker, R. C. Thompson, et al., arXiv: 1401.8224v1.Google Scholar
- 22.L. A. Sliv, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 21, 770 (1951).Google Scholar
- 23.L. A. Sliv and V. A. Volchok, PhTI Preprint (Phys. Tech. Inst. Acad. Sci. USSR, Leningrad, 1956).Google Scholar
- 25.F. F. Karpeshin, I. M. Band, M. A. Listengarten, and L. A. Sliv, Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Phys. Ser. 40, 58 (1976).Google Scholar