On the Possibility of Semiclassical Description of Angular Asymmetries in the Polarized-Neutron-Induced Ternary Fission of Nuclei
- 14 Downloads
The possibility of semiclassical description of ROT and TRI effects in the asymmetry of the angular distribution of products originating from the ternary fission of nuclei that is induced by polarized cold neutrons is considered. It is shown that, in the semiclassical approximation, respective experimental results can be explained qualitatively by taking into account Coriolis effects in the emission of a light third particle from a rotating nucleus that undergoes fission.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A. Gagarski, I. Guseva, F. Göennenwein, et al., in Proceedings of the 14th International Seminar on Interaction of Neutrous with Nuclei, Dubna, Russia, 2006 (JINR, Dubna, 2007), p.93.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Gagarski, G. Petrov, I. Guseva, et al., in Proceedings of the International Seminar on Interaction of Neutrons with Nuclei ISINN-16, Dubna, Russia, 2008 (JINR, Dubna, 2009), p.356.Google Scholar
- 15.Yu. N. Kopach et al., Phys. At. Nucl. 62, 840 (1999).Google Scholar
- 16.Yu. N. Kopatch, A. B. Popov, W. I. Furman, D. I. Tambovtsev, L. K. Kozlovsky, N. N. Gonin, and J. Kliman, in Proceedings of the Seminar on Fission, Pont d’Oye IV, Castle of Pont d’Oye, Habay-la-Neuve, Belgium, 5–8 Oct. 1999, Ed. by C. Wagemans, O. Serot, and P. D’hondt (World Scientific, Singapore, 2000), p.123.Google Scholar
- 17.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 1: Mechanics (Nauka, Moscow, 1965; Pergamon, Oxford, 1969).Google Scholar
- 20.W. Baum et al., in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Nuclei far from Stability and 9th International Conference on Atomic Masses and Fundamental Constants, Berncastel-Kues, 1992, Inst. Phys. Conf. Ser. 130, 477 (1993).Google Scholar