Onset Temperatures and Kinetics of Quartz Glass Crystallization
A complex analysis of the crystallization of quartz glass from quartzites of the Bural-Sardyk deposit (the Eastern Sayan) has been performed. A mineralogical and petrographic characterization of the quartzites of this deposit is presented, and techniques of quartz grit preparation and quartz glass formation are described. Quartz glass samples prepared from grits of two types have been thermally tested, and crystallization onset temperatures and character of their crystallization were determined for them.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.V. Marghussian, Nano-Glass Ceramics: Processing, Properties, and Application (Elsevier, 2015).Google Scholar
- 6.N. M. Serykh and A. A. Frolov, Razved. Okhr. Nedr., No. 10, 2 (2007).Google Scholar
- 7.E. M. Aksenov, N. G. Bydtaeva, Yu. I. Bur’yan, et al., Razved. Okhr. Nedr., No. 9, 57 (2015).Google Scholar
- 8.E. I. Vorob’ev, A. M. Spiridonov, A. I. Nepomnyashchikh, and M. I. Kuz’min, Dokl. Akad. Nauk 390 (2), 219 (2003).Google Scholar
- 9.A. M. Fedorov, V. A. Makrygina, A. E. Budyak, and A. I. Nepomnyashchikh, Dokl. Akad. Nauk 442 (2), 244 (2012).Google Scholar