Single-Photon Response and Spectroscopy of a Photonic Molecule Based on Diamond Microrings
The optical properties of a photonic molecule consisting of three diamond microring cavities are theoretically investigated. The probability of single-photon excitation (optical response) of a photonic molecule by a weak laser field in the steady-state mode with regard to the dissipative effects is calculated using the model analogous to the tight binding approximation. It is shown that the spectrum can be fine tuned by depositing additional layers onto the photonic-molecule surface. The dependences of the wavelength of the mode corresponding to the zero-phonon optical transition in the NV center on the thickness of these layers and refractive index of their material are established. The NV center localized in the electromagnetic field antinode effectively interacts with the photonic molecule eigenmode, which can be observed as anticrossing points in the dependences of the optical response of the system on exciting laser and transition frequencies.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.Greentree, A.D., Olivero, P., Draganski, M., Trajkov, E., Rabeau, J.R., Reichart, P., Gibson, B.C., Rubanov, S., Huntington, S.T., Jamieson, D.N., and Prawer, S., Critical components for diamond-based quantum coherent devices, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter., 2006, vol. 18, p. S825.Google Scholar
- 10.Tsukanov, A.V., NV-centers in diamond. Part I. General information, fabrication technology, and the structure of the spectrum, Russ. Microelectron., 2012, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 91–106.Google Scholar
- 11.Tsukanov, A.V., NV-centers in diamond. Part II. Spectroscopy, spin-state identification, and quantum manipulation, Russ. Microelectron., 2012, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 145–161.Google Scholar
- 17.Acosta, V.M., Santori, C., Faraon, A., Huang, Z., Fu, K.-M.C., Stacey, A., Simpson, D.A., Ganesan, K., Tomljenovic-Hanic, S., Greentree, A.D., Prawer, S., and Beausoleil, R.G., Dynamic stabilization of the optical resonances of single nitrogen-vacancy centers in diamond, Phys. Rev. Lett., 2012, vol. 108, p. 206401.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.Tsukanov, A.V., Kateev, I.Y., Orlikovsky, N.A., and Orlikovsky, A.A., Quantum diamond chip under network optical control, Proc. SPIE, 2015, vol. 9440, p. 94401G.Google Scholar