Total Efficiency of the Optical-to-Terahertz Conversion in Photoconductive Antennas Based on LT-GaAs and In0.38Ga0.62As
The total efficiency of the optical-terahertz conversion ηtotal in photoconductive antennas (PCAs) on the basis of different materials (LT-GaAs and In0.38Ga0.62As) under optical laser excitation at wavelengths of 800 and 1030 nm is studied. It is shown that the photoconductive material factor μτ2 has a significant impact on the magnitude of the THz photocurrent and the value of ηtotal. With the use of electromagnetic modeling, the processes of heat transfer are studied and the power of Joule heating in these PCAs is evaluated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Ponomarev, D.S., Khabibullin, R.A., Yachmenev, A.E., Maltsev, P.P., Grekhov, M.M., Ilyakov, I.E., Shishkin, B.V., and Akhmedzhanov, R.A., Terahertz radiation in In0.38Ga0.62As grown on a GaAs wafer with a metamorphic buffer layer under femtosecond laser excitation, Semiconductors, 2017, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 509–514.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Ponomarev, D.S., Khabibullin, R.A., Yachmenev, A.E., Maltsev, P.P., Ilyakov, I.E., Shiskin, B.V., and Akhmedzhanov, R.A., Intensive terahertz radiation from InxGa1–xAs due to photo-dember effect, IJHSES, 2016, vol. 25, nos. 3–4, p. 1640023.Google Scholar
- 12.Ponomarev, D.S., Khabibullin, R.A., Yachmenev, A.E., Pavlov, A.Yu., Slapovskii, D.N., Glinskiy, I.A., Lavrukhin, D.V., Ruban, O.A., and Mal’tsev, P.P., Electric and thermal properties of photoconductive antetta based on InxGa1–xAs (x > 0.3) with metamorphic buffer layer for terahertz radiation generation, Semiconductors, 2017, vol. 51, no. 9, pp. 1218–1223.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Huang, Y., Khiabani, N., Shen, Y., and Li, D., Terahertz photoconductive antenna efficiency, in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Antenna Technology iWAT, Hong Kong, China, March 7–9, 2011, pp. 152–156.Google Scholar
- 15.Lavrukhin, D.V., Yachmenev, A.E., Bugaev, A.S., Galiev, G.B., Klimov, E.A., Khabibullin, R.A., Ponomarev, D.S., and Maltsev, P.P., Investigation of the optical properties of GaAs with d-Si doping grown by molecular-beam epitaxy at low temperatures, Semiconductors, 2015, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 911–914.CrossRefGoogle Scholar