Calculation of Rock Mass Deformation around Deep-Buried Underground Openings, Considering Weight of the Overlying Strata
- 16 Downloads
The analytical estimates of stress state of surrounding rock mass around underground openings neglect the overlying strata weight, which results in the disagreement between the calculated and in situ measured displacements. The authors propose the phenomenological theory of deformation in order to eliminate the mentioned inconsistency. The theory is based on the fact that the direction of the roof rock weight load coincides with the orientation of tensile stresses found in an auxiliary problem. The authors introduce a parameter characterizing ratio of roof rock displacements to floor rock displacements, which allows solving inverse problems using the basic supplement—in situ measured displacements in the floor and roof rocks.
KeywordsUnderground opening stratum rock displacements stresses rock weight equations ill-defined problems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mikhlin, S.G., Stresses in the Rocks above a Coal Seam, Izv. AN SSSR. OTN, 1972, no. 8, pp. 13–28.Google Scholar
- 2.Barenblatt, G.I. and Khristianovich, S.A., Roof Caving in Mine Workings, Izv. AN SSSR. OTN, 1955, no. 11, pp. 73–86.Google Scholar
- 3.Shen, H. and Abbas, S.M., Rock Slope Reliability Analysis Based on District Element Method and Random Set Theory, Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci., 2013, vol. 61, pp. 15–22.Google Scholar
- 6.Li, X., Li, D., Liu, Zh., Zhao, G., and Wang, W., Determination of the Minimum Thickness of Crown Pillar for Safe Exploitation of a Subsea Gold Mine Based on Numerical Modeling, Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci., 2013, vol. 57, pp. 42–56.Google Scholar
- 7.Clausen, J., Bearing Capacity of Circular Footing on a Hock–Brown Material, Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci., 2013, vol. 57, pp. 34–41.Google Scholar
- 9.Vazhbakht, B. and Zsaki, A.M, Finite Element Mesh Optimization Method Incorporating Geologic Features For Stress Analysis Of Underground Excavations, Int. J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci., 2013, pp. 111–119.Google Scholar
- 10.Mirenkov, V.E., Method of tress calculation in rock mass around underground openings, considering unit weight, J. Min. Sci., 2016, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 432–437.Google Scholar
- 15.Gritsko, G.I., Vlasenko, B.V., Posokhov, G.E., Mirenkov, V.E., et al., Prognozirovanie i raschet proyavlenii gornogo davleniya (Prediction and Calculation of Events due to Rock Pressure), Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1980.Google Scholar