Electrical Prospecting to Detect Places of Spontaneous Heating in Olzherasskaya-Novaya Coal Mine: Case Study
- 8 Downloads
Geophysical methods of detecting places of spontaneous heating in mined-out voids in gently dipping and inclined coal beds in Kuzbass mines are reviewed. The emphasis is laid on the method of equatorial dipole sounding used to determined temperature of coal in the place of spontaneous heating in Olzherasskaya Novaya Mine. The cooling time of the coal and rock nest down to the temperature of surrounding rock mass is estimated, and the self-heating seat suppression actions are proposed.
KeywordsCoal beds mine roadways mined-out void coal self-heating places endogenous fire gas analysis method mine electrical prospecting equatorial dipole sounding interpretation criterion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Skritsky, V.A., Mekhanizm vozniknoveniya ochagov samovozgoraniya uglya v shakhtakh i sposoby ikh predotvrashcheniya (Mechanism of Spontaneous Ignition Sources and Their Prevention in Coal Mines), Novosibirsk: NGAVT, 2013.Google Scholar
- 2.Federal’nye normy i pravila v oblasti promyshlennoi bezopasnosti “Instruktsiya po preduprezhdeniyu endogennykh pozharov i bezopasnomu vedeniyu gornykh rabot na sklonnykh k samovozgoraniyu plastakh uglya” (Federal Norms and Regulations on Industrial Safety: Guidelines on Endogenous Firing Prevention and Safe Mining in Spontaneous Ignition-Hazardous Coal Beds), Moscow: NTS PB, 2016.Google Scholar
- 3.Igishev, V.G., Shlapakov, P.A., Khaimin, S.A., and Sin, S.A., Detection of Tracers Gases under Coal Oxidation at the Stages of Self-Heating and Flameless Combustion, Vestn. Nauch. Tsentra Bezopasn. Rabot Ugol’n. Prom., 2015, no. 4, pp. 55–59.Google Scholar
- 4.Chubarov, B.V., Chizhov, O.V., and Tokarev, O.S., Modern Approach to Detecting Early-Stage Self-Heating and Spontaneous Ignition in Coal, Vestn. Nauch. Tsentra, 2013, no. 1–2, pp. 101–104.Google Scholar
- 5.Branny, M., Cygankiewicz, J., Piotrowski, A., and Waclawik, J., A Numerical Simulation of Low- Temperature Coal Oxidation, Archives of Mining Sciences, 1997, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 504–514.Google Scholar
- 6.Gorbatov, V.A., Igishev, V.G., Popov, V.B. Portola, V.A., and Sin, A.F., Zashchita ugol’nykh shakht ot samovozgoraniya uglya (Protection of Coal Mines from Spontaneous Firing), Kemerovo: Kuzbassvuzizdat, 2001.Google Scholar
- 7.Portola, V.A., Substantiation and Development of Methods to Detect, Locate and Controllably Suppress Spontaneous Firing Sources in Coal Mines, Cand. Tech. Sci. Dissertation, Kemerovo, 2002.Google Scholar
- 8.RD 03-151-97. Metodicheskie ukazaniya po obespecheniyu trebovanii radiatsionnoi bezopasnosti pri dobyche i pererabotke mineral’nogo syr’ya na predpriyatiyakh gornorudnoi i nerudnoi promyshlennosti, otnesennykh k radiatsionno opasnym proizvodstvam (RD 03-151-97. Instructional Guidelines on Radiation Safety in Mineral Mining and Processing for Metal and Non-Metal Mines Assumed Radiation-Hazardous), Approved by RF Gosgortekhnadzor Order No. 35 as of October 14, 1997.Google Scholar
- 9.Shlapakov, P.A., Erastov, A.Yu., Sorokovykh, S.V., and Rykov, A.M., RF patent no. 2514017, E-Byull., 2014, no. 12.Google Scholar
- 10.Rzhevsky, V.V. and Novik, G.Ya., Osnovy fiziki gornykh porod (Fundamentals of Rock Physics), Moscow: Nedra, 1973.Google Scholar
- 11.Koshlyakov, N.S., Gliner, E.B., and Smirnov, M.M., Uravneniya v chastnykh proizvodnykh matematicheskoi fiziki (Partial Equations of Mathematical Physics), Moscow: Vyssh. Shk., 1970.Google Scholar