Efficiency of Dust Suppression with Aerosol Guns–Fogging Machines with Air-and-Fluid Jets
The environment protection and dust control on washed-in waste piles is complicated by the continuous replenishment of tailings and, consequently, formation of new dusting layer on the pile surface. This problem can be solved using aerosol guns–fogging machines devices within the dust suppression system. The authors propose to place the aerosol dust suppression system on a platform–car moving along a tailings dump. This allows automating dust control and increasing volume of transported water. Grain-size composition of dust at tailing dumps of Kovdor Mining and Processing Plant is determined. From the laboratory experiments, it is found how intensity of dust transfer abates dust suppression. The experimental findings make it possible to calculate the required number of jets for an aerosol gun.
KeywordsTailing dump dust transfer aerosol gun jet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mikhailov, V.A. and Borisov, V.G., Wind Loading of Films of Bituminous Emulsion, J. Min. Sci., 1975, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 44–49.Google Scholar
- 2.http://ua.bizorg.su/teplitsy-promyshlennye-r/p6300576-tumanoobrazovately.Google Scholar
- 3.http://helpiks.org/4-3194.html.Google Scholar
- 6.Lefebvre, A.H., Atomization and Sprays, Hemisphere, New York, 1989.Google Scholar
- 7.Bul’bashev, A.P., Gaspar’yan, N.A., Kovshov, S.V., Nikulin, A.N., Smirnov, Yu.D., and Shuvalov, Yu.V., Organizatsiya dobychi poleznykh iskopaemykh v kar’erakh so slozhnymi usloviyami truda gornorabochikh (Open Pit Mineral Mining under Difficult Operating Conditions for Miners), Saint-Petersburg: MANEB, 2009.Google Scholar
- 8.Pashkevich, M.A., Smirnov, Yu.D., Ivanov, A.V., Dobrynin, O.S., Bul’bashev, A.A., RF patent no. 2446021, Byull. Izobret., 2012, no. 9, pp. 1–6.Google Scholar
- 9.Ivanov, A.V., Smirnov, Yu.D., and Kapranov, I.E., Study of Fluid Dispersion by Dust Suppression Discharge Nozzle, Uchen. Zap. RGGMU, 2012, vol. 25, pp. 26–35.Google Scholar
- 10.Ivanov, A.V., Smirnov, Y.D., and Korelskiy, D.S., Simulation of the Crushing, Agglomeration Drops for Approach and Development of Dust Control Systems Devices, Int. J. Ecology and Development, 2014, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 9–17.Google Scholar
- 11.Mikhailov, V.A., Beresnevich, P.V., Borisov, V.G., and Loboda, A.I., Bor’ba s pyl’yu v rudnykh kar’erakh (Combating Dust in Open Pit Metallic Mines), Moscow: Nedra, 1981.Google Scholar
- 12.Ivanov, A.V. and Smirnov, Yu.D., Determination of Optimal Parameters of Air-and-Fluid Discharge Nozzle for the Most Economic and Efficiency Dust Control, Zap. Gorn. Inst., 2013, vol. 203, pp. 94–103.Google Scholar